The Disney Plus video streaming service came online in 2019. With this you can watch many movies and shows in the Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic, or Marvel collections. Furthermore, for vision impaired and blind users, many of these shows have a narration track. In that track, an announcer describes what’s going on on the screen as the movie plays. You can hear this voice by turning it on in the Disney Plus app. But many users often turn on this feature by mistake when they don’t want it. And then they don’t know how to shut it off again. So in this post, we give Disney Plus narration turn off instructions, as follows.
Disney Plus Narration Turn Off: Prerequisites
Note that you can’t shut this off, unless you have established the following first.
- A Disney Plus subscription.
- Access to the Disney Plus app, whether that be on your phone, tablet, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Fire TV Cube, Amazon Fire Stick, et al.
Disney Plus Narration Turn Off Instructions: Step by Step
- Bring up this app and start playing a movie.
- Then, tap the middle of the screen to bring up the transport controls (Play / Pause, Skip Back, Skip Forward).
- Tap the More Settings square near the top right corner of the screen. This brings up a list of player settings.
- Next, in the Audio list, tap the English option. Or, choose any other option besides one with the letters AD in its name. This turns OFF the narrator voice.
- Then, tap the X button on this Settings screen. Find it in the top right corner of the screen. Touching this button takes you back to the movie screen.
- Finally, tap the Play button to start your movie playing if it is not playing already. You should no longer hear the narrator.
Other Posts About Disney Plus
- Connect Google Chromecast Audio, How To
- Comcast Talking TV Guide Review, Xfinity X1 Service
- Reset Chromecast Audio to Factory Settings, How To
- How to Fix a Skipping CD Audio Disc
References for Disney Plus Narration Turn Off Instructions
- 2021-01-01: First published.