Here, we show how to reset Chromecast Audio factory settings. Resetting restores this Chromecast receiver to factory default state, and often fixes any peculiar behaviors you might encounter on this device.
How to Reset Chromecast Audio Receiver
Find reset button is on the side of the Chromecast, near the micro USB power port at the top of the unit, pointed at by the blue arrow, shown in the following pictures.
We recommend that you disconnect Chromecast Audio from any amplifiers or amplified speakers before resetting. Why? Because during reset, the Chromecast may generate loud pops and clicks. These could destroy (blow) connected speakers, especially with high volume settings.
Also, keep in mind that resetting disconnects the Chromecast Audio from the WiFi network it was set up on before as well as unlinks it from your Google account. So, resetting is always a good idea whenever you’re getting the unit ready for resale or gifting.
With the receiver powered up, press and hold the Reset button here with a thumb or index finger for several seconds. This starts a factory default hard reset, when the pilot lamp near it turns orange.
The factory reset is complete when the light flashes an orange, gradually strengthening and weakening light pattern.
Again, you’ll need to set up your Chromecast Audio receiver again after this reset, for this device will not work until you do.
Other Posts About Chromecast Audio
Related Posts to How to Reset Chromecast Audio
- Echo Sub Reset Instructions
- Reset HP DeskJet 3630 Printer Instructions
- JBL Xtreme Reset Instructions
- Resetting Google Home Mini Speaker Instructions
- Amazon Dot 2 Reset Instructions
- JBL Flip 2 Reset Instructions to Solve Speaker Problems
- Reset UE Roll Speaker Instructions
- UE Wonderboom Reset Instructions
- JBL Flip 3 Reset Instructions
- Reset Echo Spot to Factory Settings, How To
- JBL Clip 3 Reset Instructions
- JBL Charge 4 Speaker Reset Instructions
- Echo Dot 3rd Generation Reset Instructions
- JBL Charge 3 Reset Instructions to Fix Speaker Problems
- Reset Honeywell Thermostat RTH8580WF Instructions
- Reset iPod Video Apple Player Instructions
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Instructions
- Belkin Wireless Extender Reset Instructions
- Netgear WNCE2001 Reset Instructions
- Reset Echo Spot WiFi, How To Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions
- Reset Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker Instructions
- Alexa Echo Dot Reset Instructions
- Reset Harman Kardon Invoke Speaker Instructions
- iPod Nano 3 Reset Instructions
- Reset Belkin N600 F9K1122 Extender Booster Repeater Instructions
- Belkin Range Extender Reset Instructions, F9K1122 vX
- Xfinity Remote Reset XR2 U2 Instructions
References for How to Reset Chromecast Audio
- How to Factory Data Reset (FDR) your Chromecast Audio from Google Support
- Chromecast Audio Review: The Ultimate Audio Streaming Dongle is Better than Ever, from Cnet
- 2020-05-08: Added tags.
- 2019-04-15: Tweaked key phrase targeting and added more tags.
- 2018-12-24: First published.