Here, we show how to reset Chromecast Audio factory settings. Resetting restores this streaming receiver to factory default state. Furthermore, this often fixes any strange behaviors you might see on this device.
How to Reset Chromecast Audio Receiver
First, find reset button is on the side of the Chromecast, near the micro USB power port at the top of the unit. We point this out with the blue arrow, shown in the following pictures.
We suggest that you disconnect Chromecast Audio from any amplifiers or amplified speakers before resetting. Why? Because during reset, the Chromecast may generate loud pops and clicks. Indeed, these could destroy (blow) connected speakers, especially with high volume settings.
Also, keep in mind that resetting signs out the Chromecast Audio from the WiFi network it was set up on before. It also unlinks it from your Google account. So, resetting is always a good idea whenever you’re getting the unit ready for resale or gifting.
So with the unit powered up, press and hold the Reset button here with a thumb or index finger for several seconds. This then starts a factory default hard reset, when the pilot lamp near it turns orange.
Finally, the factory reset is complete when the light flashes an orange, slowly strengthening and dimming light pattern.
Again, you’ll need to set up your Chromecast Audio receiver again after this reset, for this device will not work until you do.
Other Posts About Chromecast Audio
- Reset Honeywell Thermostat RTH8580WF Instructions
- Reset iPod Video Apple Player Instructions
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Instructions
- Belkin Wireless Extender Reset Instructions
- Netgear WNCE2001 Reset Instructions
References for How to Reset Chromecast Audio
- How to Factory Data Reset (FDR) your Chromecast Audio from Google Support
- Chromecast Audio Review: The Ultimate Audio Streaming Dongle is Better than Ever, from Cnet
- 2020-05-08: Added tags.
- 2019-04-15: Tweaked key phrase targeting and added more tags.
- 2018-12-24: First published.