Here, we show Google Home Mini unboxing. Just avoid opening the box bottom side up, so that the speaker inside does not fall out and become damaged as it hits the floor. We also suggest unpacking any sensitive electronic device close to or on the floor, preferably a carpeted floor. Therefore, this virtually eliminates the possibility of it falling from a higher-than-safe distance. Further, it softens any shocks in case it does fall. Thus, we unboxed our Mini on our kitchen floor.
Google Home Mini Unboxing Instructions
1. Find the Perforated Seal Tab
Firstly, we point this out with the purple arrow in the next picture.
2. Tear Off the Perforated Seal Strip
Secondly, pull the tab from left to right. The removed seal strip is shown in the next picture. Then this releases the box top for easy opening in the next step.
3. Lift the Lid on the Top of the Box
Next, this gives access to the Mini speaker inside, as shown next.
4. Lift the Google Mini Speaker Out of the Box
Next step, grasp the Mini on its sides and gently pull it upward. The speaker is about the size of a small cheeseburger, as shown next, held in hand.
5. Then, Lift the White Plastic Speaker Holder Out of the Box
Then, you see the pamphlets inside, as shown next, including the “Let’s get started.” guide.
6. Remove the Manuals and Pamphlets
Take these documents from inside the box. You’ll then see the USB power adapter underneath them.
7. Pull Out the AC USB Power Adapter
It lifts up from the cardboard “outlet” that holds it inside the box, as shown next.
8. Check for Correct Box Contents
Moreover, make sure that you’ve found the speaker itself, the guide pamphlets, and the power adapter, as shown next.
9. Find the Micro USB Power Port on the Google Mini Speaker
Next, see the micro USB port in the next picture, pointed at by the purple arrow.
10. Insert the Male Micro USB Plug into the Mini’s Power Port
as shown next. Plus, you may have to push it with some force to get it to fully seat in the port the first time.
11. Finally, Plug the Power Supply into a Working AC Outlet
The speaker then powers up. In addition, after roughly thirty seconds, it issues the “Welcome to Google Home” announcement in a female voice. After that, the four lights on the top of the Mini also light up as a slowly throbbing gray line, as shown next. Then, the mini speaker is ready for setup. Plus, the lights will continue in this pattern until you either set up the speaker, or disconnect it from AC power.
Related Posts to Google Home Mini Unboxing
- Google Chromecast Audio Unboxing, Step by Step
- Unboxing the HP DeskJet 3632 Printer
- Unboxing the Microsoft Invoke Cortana Speaker
- Amazon Echo Generation 2 Speaker Unboxing Instructions
- Unboxing Sony DVP SR210P CD DVD Player
Other Posts About the Google Home Mini Smart Speaker
- Clearing Google Assistant Voice Recordings History Instructions
- How to Control Google Home Mini Volume
- Setting Up Google Home Mini Instructions
- How to Adjust Volume on Google Home Mini
- Does Google Home Mini Have Bluetooth Yet?
- 2020-05-10: Added the Other Posts About… section.
- 2017-05-09: Added key phrase targeting for ‘Google Home Mini Unboxing’, removed ad code, and added tags.
- 2017-11-25: Originally published.