This piece covers how to charge the Sony SRS X5 Bluetooth mini speaker. Do this easily through the micro USB power in port, shown in the pictures that follow. Note that you can still play your X5 as it charges, without increasing the recharge time by much.
First, pick a strong enough AC power adapter. Or if you still have the adapter that comes with this speaker, use that one. Then, plug the charger into a working wall outlet. Finally, after four (4) hours or so, your X5 finishes recharging. So it’s ready to play once more for up to eight (8) hours before needing another recharge.
How to Charge Sony SRS X5, Step by Step
1. Choose Correct Size AC or Car Adapter
The charger you use should provide 12.5 volts and at least 2.5 amps (31.2.5 watts). So here, we use the included adapter, pictured next.
2. Power OFF the Unit to Continue with How to Charge the Sony SRS X5
Note that the SRS X5 still charges when powered ON. But depending on how much above-and-beyond recharging capacity your charger supplies, the speaker might charge a little faster when turned OFF.
3. Plug the DC Barrel End of the Charger Cord into the Speaker
Then, plug the DC end of the cable into the port on the back of the speaker, as we see in the next shot.
4. Plug the USB Adapter into a Working Wall Receptacle, to Continue with How to Charge Sony SRS X5
Now that we connected the X5 and our adapter, we then plug the mains end of the adapter into a working AC outlet. We plugged ours into a surge protecting power strip.
The CHARGE lamp lights up solid orange on the speaker. And while no battery status gauge shows percentage of charge, this glowing light means that charging is occurring.
5. Let the SRS X5 Charge Until the Orange CHARGE Light Goes Out
Full battery charging is complete when the solid glowing status lamp near the bottom of the speaker turns off, as shown next.
6. Unplug the Micro USB Cord, to Continue with How to Charge Sony SRS X5
7. Done with How to Charge Sony SRS X5
We have now fully charged this wireless Sony speaker.
Finally, repeat this recharging every eight (8) hours of play, to keep the battery in top condition for years.
Other Sony SRS X5 Posts
Related Posts to How to Charge Sony SRS X5
- 2023-04-24: First published.