To pair your UE Roll 1 Ultimate Ears speaker with a Bluetooth source device for the first time, or to refresh old connection info in that device, you have to know how to start up discovery mode on the speaker. In this mode, the speaker broadcasts its name and currently valid connection information over the Bluetooth airways. So in this post, we show you how to put the UE Roll speaker into pairing mode, to let you to link it with phones, tablets, computers, and smart speakers.
How to Put UE Roll Speaker into Pairing Mode
1. Turn On the Speaker
First off, turn on the speaker by rapidly pressing its Power button.
E.g. See this button, pointed out in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on.
2. Press and Hold the Pairing Button for Three to Five Seconds
Secondly, to be able to discover your speaker on your source Bluetooth device, place it into pairing mode. For that, press and hold the the Pairing button, as pointed at in the next picture by the green arrow, until you hear the pairing sound.
When you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes an offbeat but neat pairing sound. Plus, a lamp in this button starts rapidly flashing white. See this in the last picture above.
Note that we’ve seen cases where the speaker does not appear on your phone / tablet even though it is indeed in pairing mode. Should this happen to you, we find that resetting the UE Roll makes it visible again when pairing.
3. Done with How to Put UE Roll Ultimate Ears Speaker in Pairing Mode
Finally, while the Pairing button is blinking, you should be able to see the UE Roll on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, that is within several feet of it, as shown next.
Other Posts About the Ultimate Ears UE Roll Bluetooth Speaker
- UE Roll 1 Charging Instructions, How to Charge Speaker
- UE Roll Charge Time, How Long for Full Charging
- Reset UE Roll Speaker Instructions
- UE Roll Battery Life, How Long the Battery Should Last
- How to Pair UE Roll with iPhone
Related Posts to How to Put UE Ultimate Ears Roll in Pairing Mode
- How to Put JBL Charge 4 in Pairing Mode
- Putting JBL Xtreme in Pairing Mode, Xtreme 1
- How to Put JBL Clip 2 in Pairing Mode
- Putting JBL Flip 3 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put JBL Flip 4 into Pairing Mode
References for How to Put Ultimate Ears UE Roll in Pairing Mode
- 2021-09-03: Shortened the internal links and tags lists.
- 2020-08-16: First published.