An adequate JBL Flip 2 charger is a USB car or AC charger that outputs a nominal 2 amps at 5 volts (10 watts or more). If your USB wall charger bites the dust, you’ll need another. So this post makes several JBL Flip 2 charger replacement suggestions. These AC wall chargers we’ve tested with our Flip 2 and found them to work very well, and most are highly affordable besides.
Which JBL Flip 2 Charger Replacement Works Fine on this Bluetooth Speaker ?
Note that all these accessory speaker chargers feature a USB A type female connector. You’ll need a similar adapter to these to connect your Flip 2 to use the orange USB charging cable that comes with many JBL Bluetooth speakers, depicted next.
If your speaker did not come with a USB charging cable, use any micro USB male to USB-A male, medium to high current charging cord. Find these around the internet for very low cost.
And now, to our suggested wall charger replacements for the Flip 2.
1. RavPower 24 Watt Dual USB Wall Charger
They sell this 2.1 amp household charger at Amazon.com et al. See it’s product page here. At under twelve dollars US, this dual USB port AC wall charger is tiny and light enough for portable use, but not so small that you’ll lose it too easily. Quickly charges the JBL Flip 2 speaker fully.
2. Gearmo USB Charging Ten Port Island
This hefty household wall charging station offers all the current you need for charging your Flip 2. It delivers full USB 2.0 power on every one of its ten output ports. So, you won’t raise JBL Flip 2 charging time when you recharge more than one device. In fact, this multi port charger gives enough energy to recharge all models in the JBL Flip line of portable Bluetooth speakers. Find this useful USB accessory here at Amazon.com. We also reviewed this charging station here.
3. CE Tech 4 Port USB Wall Charger for the Flip 2
This quad-port CE Tech charging station is another silent but hefty unit, well put together for recharging all JBL Flip speakers in short time. This USB power hub is sold on eBay for under thirty dollars US here. We’ve also reviewed this charging station here.
4. GE Jasco Y14 11307 USB Wall Charger, 2.1 Amp, Dual USB Ports, with Night Light
Find this AC USB charger, or one nearly like it at Amazon.com here. At less than twelve dollars, this dual port AC USB wall adapter, with its retractable AC prongs, is small enough to fit in any mobile device accessory kit. It’s also helpful when you take your speaker on vacation, because it has a blue night light. Makes finding your way around unfamiliar hotel rooms a breeze. Bright enough to see around, but not so bright that it will keep you awake. See our GE Jasco 2.1 Amp USB Charger, Y14 Review post for more details on this highly practical JBL Flip 2 USB charging answer.
5. JBL Charger for the Charge and Xtreme Bluetooth Speakers, Also Recharges the JBL Flip 2
Finally, if you happened to buy a new JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker, you probably found this JBL AC adapter in the box. We’ve found that while this wall charger does not come with our Flip 2 (we bought ours used), it charges the speaker quite well nonetheless. See our JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker USB AC Charger Adapter Specs for further details.
So, we hope this short list of compatible AC USB adapters helps you pick a suitable JBL Flip 2 charger replacement for this Bluetooth speaker. Enjoy your music!
JBL Flip 2 Charger Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Why Won’t my JBL Flip 2 Charge?
Broken charger or USB power cable often causes Flip 2 charging problems. So try another compatible adapter and micro USB to A cables.
Also, a broken USB JBL Flip 2 charging port could result in low or non charging symptoms. For this, take the speaker to a qualified technician, and have him install a new USB port.
Furthermore, faulty or aged batteries often do not charge. So replace the battery to solve. Since the battery is not user replaceable, again, take your speaker to qualified service personnel to install a new internal battery.
Finally, a malfunction in the Flip 2 electronics might case non charging. Replace the speaker to solve this problem, or have a technician swap out the defective board(s) inside.
Why Won’t the JBL Flip 2 Turn On or Charge ?
The internal battery may have died completely. Happens when the speaker is run down to non operating status no recharge. Elongated battery “deadness” can forever damage the battery, rendering it not rechargeable. Replacing the battery with a fresh one often restores proper charging operation to the speaker.
Also, a bad AC charger or USB cord could make the Flip 2 non responsive. To repair, try swapping out the charger and the USB cable with a known good copies and see if the problem disappears.
Finally, see the previous question for further details.
What is the JBL Flip 2 Charge Time?
The Clip 2 JBL speaker can fully recharge in less than five hours from a completely dead battery state, when using an AC or car charger that outputs enough power.
- JBL Clip 2 Charger, Which USB Charger Replacement
- Review: Gearmo® 10-Port Desktop USB Smart Charging Station Dock Hub for iPhone, iPad, and Android Phones and Tablets
- JBL Flip 4 Charger Replacement Suggestions, Which to Buy
- RavPower USB Dual Port 24w Wall Charger Review
- JBL Flip 2 Review, Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Specs, Features
- GE Jasco 2.1 Amp USB Wall Charger, Y14 Review
- CE Tech 4 Port USB Wall Charger, PC01, 166878 Review
- Google Home AC Adapter Specs, Wall Adapter
- RAVPower Dual USB Wall Charger 24W 4.8A Foldable Plug & iSmart Technology Compatible JBL Flip Bluetooth Speakers and More – White, at Amazon.com
- CE Tech 4 Port USB Wall Charger Mobile Cell PHONES 5ft Cable, at Ebay.com
- USB Charger 10-Port 120W, Multi-Port USB Charging Hub 24A Desktop Power Station for iPhone 7/6s/6 Plus/5S, iPad Pro/Air2/ Mini, Galaxy S7/S6 Edge, at Amazon.com
- GE 11307 USB LED Night Light Charging Station with 2 USB Outlets
- JBL Clip 2 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker Product Page on JBL.com
- 2019-01-12: First published.