You can recharge the JBL Flip 5 party-on-the-beach speakers through their top-panel USB charging ports. To summarize how to charge the JBL Flip 5 : First, pick a right sized USB power adapter, as this speaker does not ship with one.
Next, connect the black USB-C cable included between the Flip 5 and the power supply you’re going to use. Next, insert the adapter into a working mains outlet. Finally after two and a half to three hours, your speaker will completely recharge. Then, you’ll have music again for up to twelve hours (about), before you must charge it anew.
JBL Flip 5 Charging Instructions, Step by Step
1. Choose a Large Enough Charger
We suggest that the power supply you use to charge this speaker should be able deliver 15 watts (5 volts at 3 amps) to get the shortest recharging times. Plus, to avoid having to get a cord with different ends than then one that comes with the speaker, pick a charger with a female USB-A output port.
For this demo though, we use the adapter that came with our Charge 3 JBL, and though it doesn’t output quite the max current for this speaker, the Flip 5 still charges in nearly the same time.
2. Plug in the USB-C Cord to Continue with JBL Flip 5 Charging
Insert the small end of the black USB-C charging cable into the matching port in the speaker front, as shown next.
3. Plug the Other End of the Cord into the Power Adapter
Next, connect the A end of the USB charge cable to your power supply of choice.
4. Plug that Wall Adapter into a Working Outlet
Now that the speaker and the AC adapter are connected, we plug the charger into a working AC outlet.
At least a small part of the battery bar gauge should light up on the speaker when you apply enough USB power. As charging progresses, more of the bar illuminates.
5. Let the Speaker to Charge Until All Battery Indicator Lamps Go Out
Recharging is almost done when all but the last of the battery gauge lights glow solid. The last one continues flashing though, for a few minutes more while the system tops off the charging.
After that, the battery recharge cycle finishes when the gauge goes out completely.
6. Unplug the Charging Cable
7. JBL Flip 5 Charging is Finished !
We have now fully charged our speaker. To further check this, look at the battery indicator just after turning on the speaker afterwards. The entire battery gauge bar should glow, as shown next. This means that the speaker has indeed fully charged.
The battery gauge bar is to the right on the front panel, as shown in the last picture.
Repeat this recharging every twelve hours of music play, to keep its battery in top condition. We charge ours when the battery indicator shows only one light glowing.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 5 Portable Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- JBL Flip 5 Review of this Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Speaker Restart Instructions
- How to Rename JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to JBL Flip 5 Charging
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Charging Instructions
- JBL Xtreme 2 Charging Instructions
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Charging Instructions
- JBL Clip 3 Charging Instructions, Step by Step
- Charge 4 JBL Charging Instructions, How to Recharge
References for JBL Flip 5 Charging
- 2020-08-10: First published.