We’ve been avid mint tea drinkers for nearly two decades. So,we keep cordless kettles like the Chef’s Choice cordless glass tea kettle 679 on the kitchen counter.
Chef’s Choice 679 Cordless Glass Tea Kettle 679 Intro
The 679 glass kettle is not actually cordless. A cord does exist. They attached it to the stand base. The stand then supplies power to the heating elements built into the bottom of the pot.
But the kettle itself has no attached power cord. So this makes for much easier filling and less dangerous hot water pouring. This is a hefty appliance that’s tough, solid, and thus, long lasting. Nothing looks cheap about this cordless yet electric glass teapot. It’s fun watching the water bubble inside as it heats.
Benefits, Features, Pros, and Advantages of the Chef’s Choice 679 Cordless Glass Electric Kettle
8.5 by 6.0 by 10.5 inches.
Nearly 1.7 Liters
Heats 1.65 liters of water in approximately seven minutes here in Altoona, PA. It may heat more quickly at higher altitudes.
Boils Water Quietly
Even when the water is boiling, the sound output is on the low side. Now sometimes while heating, it can hiss and roar as well. Not too loudly though. Plus, if this does get too loud, clean out the inside to quiet things down again.
The stand that supplies power to the kettle has anti-skid feet. These stop the pot from sliding, even when full. They also provide acoustic isolation from the counter. So this helps keep the kettle quiet.
Attached Plastic Lid
Has an attached black plastic lid. This latches open for near effortless filling. Plus, it locks closed to contain hot liquids while pouring.
Big Mouth for Filling
The large mouth on this cordless electric kettle makes for quick and easy filling and cleaning. Very little slop and spill as well.
Adjustable Length Power Cord
You can wrap any excess cord up on the underside of the stand to keep it out of your way.
Medium Visibility Pilot Lamp
A clear, lit lever makes starting and stopping the electric kettle a snap; literally. The light comes on while heating is in progress.
Water Level Indicator
A printed easy-to-read scale, located behind the handle, shows how full the kettle is.
Rapid Water Boiling
Heats a full kettle of cold water to a rolling boil in less than eight minutes. Furthermore, the pot heats the water well all the way through. This water boiler is indeed more efficient than a microwave oven. It fast heats up to six cups of water in less than ten minutes.
Auto Shutoff at Boiling
This stainless steel and glass cordless kettle automatically shuts off soon after the water inside begins to boil. The heating element will also deactivate if all the water inside boils completely away.
The Stand is Not a Burner
The supporting stand remains touch cool, as it contains no heating element. They seal the heaters in the bottom of the removable kettle, beneath the glass part.
Glass and Stainless Steel Make Up
Has the modern look of a brushed stainless steel finish on its base and stand. Then too, there’s the black plastic handle and lid. This compliments the metal and clear glass with a subtle contrast.
Insulated Black Plastic Handle
With the handle being non conductive, there is little chance of electric shock from the 679. Also, the handle never becomes too hot to handle.
Easy to Pour, Even When Full
Where they put the handle gives great balance. Thus, carrying this kettle from its stand to your teacup is easy. Plus, pouring is a steamy breeze.
Small Footprint on Kitchen Counter
Takes up little space, as the pitcher part sits directly atop the base stand.
One Year Limited Warranty
Disadvantages, Cons, Limitations, and Problems of the Chef’s Choice 679 Cordless Glass Electric Kettle
A Bit Costly
At nearly $55, the price was a trifle expensive. A bit higher than other brands of electric kettles. Some of those cost less than half of this.
But for a glass sided kettle, this cost is pretty competitive. Indeed, the glass sides give this kettle a more “ritzy” look. Ant this might make people want to pay a little more for this kettle.
A Little Noisy After Use
Occasionally, this cordless electric kettle clicks and snaps, even hours after last use. This is likely the mechanical shut-off mechanism inside cooling down. But they could quiet this by using a fully electronic thermostat.
Plastic Parts Scratch Too Easily
The plastic lid appears a bit too easy to scratch. A definite improvement would be a harder cover.
Our Rating on the Chef’s Choice 679 Cordless Glass Water Kettle
In total, we like this Chef’s Choice kettle, model 679. It’s 1500-watt heater boils water faster, is easy to clean, and is affordable. So, we recommend the 679 to anyone who wants quick hot water for tea, cocoa, Etc. Our rating is thus 95 out of 100.
Related Posts to Chef’s Choice 679 Cordless Glass Tea Kettle
- Chef’s Choice Electric Kettle 677-2 Review
- Cordless Water Kettle Black & Decker® JKC930C Review
- Farberware FCP280 Electric Percolator Review
- Chef’s Choice® International 1.5-Quart Cordless Electric Glass Kettle 680 Review
- How to Clean a Cordless Electric Kettle
- Farberware Cordless Electric Kettle 104556 Review
- Safest Electric Space Heaters, How to Choose
- Pelonis Electric Radiator Heater, Oil, HO-0260 Review
- Whirlpool WMB31017AB Microwave Oven Review, Over Range
- Stanley Water Bottle Review, 24 Oz Stainless Steel Model
- Thermos Water Bottle Review, Vacuum Insulated Hydration Flask
- Stanley Food Jar 24 Oz Review, Classic Vacuum Flask
- Electric Heat Pros and Cons, Advantages, Disadvantages
- Mainstays G761 Thermometer Review, for Fridge and Freezer
- Convection Oven Advantages and Disadvantages
- JBL Flip 2 Review and Features of this Bluetooth Speaker
- Maytag Bravos Washer MVWB750WQ Review
- How to Free Up a Stuck Garbage Disposal
- Smart Choice 5304487199 Refrigerator Freezer Thermometer Review
- Panasonic NN SN778 Microwave Oven Review
References for Chef’s Choice Cordless Glass 679 Tea Kettle
- Chef’s Catalog Web Site. Large selection of Chef’s Choice products here.
- Where to Buy the Chef’s Choice International 679 Glass Electric Kettle
- Chef’s Choice 679 Electric Kettle Teapot Official Product Page
- 2019-08-27: Added key word targeting for ‘Chef’s Choice Cordless Glass’, removed ad code, and added more tags and links.
- 2017-02-09: Originally published.