Covers how to check battery life on the JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth speaker, and also, how to know if the battery life is shortening over time.
How to Check Battery Life on JBL Clip 3, Current Charge
1. First, Turn ON the JBL Clip 3
You won’t be able to read battery charge status unless the speaker is ON.
To turn on the speaker, press and release the Power button, pointed at by the green arrow in the last picture.
The little lamp on the top of the speaker should then come on, as shown next, and the speaker should make its startup sound. If it does not, then the battery could be completely dead.
But as long as there’s some juice in the battery, the speaker should power up. When it does, move on to the next step.
2. Look at the Power / Battery Status Lamp on the JBL Clip 3
Note that this speaker has no battery gauge to let you know exactly how much charge is left. But you can at least, tell if the battery is on the verge of going dead by way of the Power lamp. Now when the JBL Clip 3 is paired, this lamp glows a steady white, as long as the battery in the speaker is not critically low. When it is unpaired, that lamp flashes white. But when the speaker gets critically low, the Power lamp flashes red. See this in the next picture
How to Check Battery Life on JBL Clip 3, Overall Battery Condition
When the speaker is new, and using a full power USB charger, the JBL Clip 3 charge time is about 2.8 hours to reach a full charge.
And, the fully charged battery should last for around ten hours of play time before going dead.
A sign of a bad battery, is that it goes dead too fast, or takes too little or too much time to fully charge. So if you fully charge your speaker, but it only plays for under eight hours before dying, its battery may be bad, and unable to hold a full charge anymore.
If the battery in the JBL Clip 3 takes longer than three hours to completely recharge, this could also mean a failing battery. It might mean also, that the charger you’re using is not strong enough to recharge the speaker in the specified charge time of 2.8 hours.
Also, slow charging can happen because your charge cord is too thin. So for best results, we suggest using a full-current USB cable (one that easily carries 2.1 amps).
Other Posts About the JBL Clip 3
- How to Tell if JBL Clip 3 is Charging
- JBL Clip 3 Buttons Guide, Buttons Layout, Purpose, and How to Use
- How to Change JBL Clip 3 Name, Someday Perhaps
- JBL Clip 3 Speaker Review, Features
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to How to Check Battery Life on JBL Clip 3
- How to Check JBL Go 3 Battery Life
- Checking JBL Boombox Battery Life
- How to Check Wonderboom Battery Life and Level
- Sony SRS XB10 Battery Life, How to Check Battery Level
- How to Check JBL Flip 5 Battery Life
References for How to Check Battery Life on JBL Clip 3
- 2020-07-07: First published.