This post demonstrates how to connect iPhone to the JBL Flip 5 portable Bluetooth speaker.
How to Connect JBL Flip 5 to iPhone, Step by Step
With your JBL Flip 5 turned off (power button is dark), run through this routine to pair it to your iPhone. We’re using an iPad Air tablet for this demo since we do not have an iPhone to take screenshots from. But the setup pages are roughly the same, and so, the routine works as well on the iPhone.
1. Navigate to the Home Screen on your iPhone
Press the Home button to reveal the Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the iOS home screen as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Tap the Settings app icon.
The iPhone then displays the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with How to Connect JBL Flip 5 to iPhone
Our Bluetooth settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since the Flip 5 is currently turned OFF, it does not show up in the Devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never joined this speaker with this iOS device prior. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Flip 5 Portable Speaker
Turn on the JBL Flip 5 by quickly pressing its Power button. See this circled in green, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up.
But since an iPhone would not know about this speaker if never paired to it before, the Flip 5 will not connect with the iPhone automatically. The light that comes on in the Power switch denotes this not-paired state by glowing solid white, as shown next.
6. Put the JBL Speaker into Discovery Mode
Now, to see your JBL Flip 5 on your iPhone, place the speaker into Bluetooth pairing mode. To do that, press and release the Bluetooth button, as shown in the next picture.
When you press the Bluetooth Discovery Mode button, the JBL Flip 5 makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, that button starts flashing white.
7. Find your Speaker in the Other Devices List, to Continue with How to Connect JBL Flip 5 to iPhone
See the screen shot next. We found our Flip 5 JBL, as pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
8. Pair with your JBL Flip 5 Wireless Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth Devices list.
Your iPhone then pairs with the Flip 5 (“Tom’s Flip 5” in this demo). The iPhone’s Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following.
9. Done with How to Connect JBL Flip 5 to iPhone !
At last, you have now successfully connected your JBL Flip 5 portable speaker with an iPhone. Thus, you can now play music, and hear them all through this speaker.
Related Posts to How to Connect JBL Flip 5 to iPhone
- How to Connect Echo Dot to WiFi
- How to Connect Sharp Aquos TV to WiFi
- Connect Pandora to Echo Dot, How To
- How to Connect Amazon Dot to Spotify
- Connect Google Home Mini to Bluetooth Speakers, How To
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 5 BT Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Battery Life, How Long the Battery Should Last
- How to Pair JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Review of this Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Rename JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Speaker Restart Instructions
References for How to Connect JBL Flip 5 to iPhone
- 2020-08-10: First published.