You may need to hard factory reset Gosund Mini Smart Plug to restore proper operation should it stop responding to Alexa or Google Home commands coming from either your smart speaker or the apps. Or, maybe you want to change the WiFi network and / or password to which this WiFi socket connects. In either case, a hard reset is needed. So read on for a safe factory reset instructions.
- Note that a factory reset deletes the saved WiFi network info from the plug’s internal memory.
- If your plug is linked to your WiFi and Gosund account when you perform the factory reset, then resetting also removes the plug from that account. So, if you’re resetting the plug to get it ready to sell, we suggest this procedure. Again, factory resetting not only clears out the plug’s memory, but also deletes it from your Gosund account.
- Once reset, this mini plug will no longer connect to your WiFi network. Thus, you will no longer be able to control it remotely or from your smart phone or tablet. To restore full operation after a hard reset, you must set up the plug again.
- If you had registered this plug in the Alexa app prior to the hard reset, then that device entry will no longer work with your speakers after reset. To use this plug with your Alexa Echo speakers again, remove its device entry from the devices list, and add the plug as a new device again. The same is true if you set up this plug in the Google Home app before resetting it, although we found that when you reset the plug while it’s connected to the internet, that the Google Home registration goes away automatically after reset. But it may not, so do check, and set up the plug again if you need to.
How to Factory Reset Gosund Mini Smart Plug Instructions
1. Connect the Smart Plug to AC Power
Plug the smart socket into a working wall outlet as shown next. The pilot lamp in the middle of the Action button will flash red and purple once or twice, and either begin flashing blue, or turn off entirely as it does in the next picture.
2. Press and Hold the Action Button to Continue with How to Factory Reset Gosund Mini Smart Plug
Find the Action button highlighted in the next picture, pointed at by the blue arrow. Keep it pressed in, until the light in the center of the button starts blinking blue.
You may see the button flash a blue and red at first. If so, then keep holding the Action button until the blue stops, and all you see is a red on and off blinking, as shown next.
3. Next, Release the Button when it Rapidly Blinks Blue
Wait for the light to begin flashing blue. Reset has occurred once the flashing begins.
Then, when you release the button, the light continues blinking fast blue, as shown next.
4. You have Now Reset your Gosund Smart WiFi Plug
This means that the factory reset is now complete, and your plug is now ready for setup or to sell or gift to someone else.
Related Posts to How to Factory Reset Gosund Mini Smart Plug
- How to Factory Reset Amazon Smart Plug
- Reset UE Roll Speaker Instructions, How to Hard Factory Reset
- How to Factory Reset JBL Flip 5 Speaker
- Echo Sub Reset Instructions, How to Hard Factory Reset
- JBL Go Hard Factory Reset Instructions for JBL Go and Go 2 Speakers
- JBL Xtreme Reset Instructions, Hard Factory Reset
- Factory Reset Alexa Instructions, Dot, Spot, Echo
- iPod Nano 3 Reset Instructions, Hard Factory Reset
- Chromecast Audio Factory Reset Instructions
- Reset Echo Dot 1, How To Hard Factory Reset
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions, How to Hard Factory Reset
- HP DeskJet 3630 Factory Reset, How To
- Google Home Mini Reset to Factory Default Settings Instructions
- How to Factory Reset Amazon Echo 3rd Generation
Other Posts About the Gosund Mini Smart Plug
References for How to Factory Reset Gosund Mini Smart Plug
- 2020-01-31: First published.