Show you how to factory reset your Sony SRS XB31 Bluetooth speaker to its out-of-the-box settings. Resetting to factory default state restores the XB31 to a fresh, known-good state. Plus, it erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Deleting these stops this speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices. Also, you might factory reset to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing wirelessly with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
How to Factory Reset the Sony SRS XB31 Bluetooth Speaker, Step by Step
1. Turn the XB31 ON
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. Find the Power button as shown in the next picture.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a ding-dong tone sound when it powers up, to announce that it has paired, should it connect to a nearby device. Or it may make no sound whatsoever if it does not. But whether the unit pairs or not, this factory reset procedure works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Power and Volume DOWN Buttons Together
Find these buttons as shown next. They are both on the top button panel, as we point out in the next picture.
The XB31 then enters the factory reset process.
Then after around five seconds, the speaker powers OFF, and the status lamp goes dark, as shown next. So release the buttons at this point. Note that on the SRS XB31, there is no power-down sound.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB31 Speaker Did Indeed Factory Reset
Next, power on the unit again, as detailed in step 1 above.
Note that after factory reset, the XB31 comes up in pairing mode. The Pairing Mode lamp quickly flashes blue to let you know this. E.g. See this in the next picture.
This is a signal that you may then look for this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with How to Factory Reset the Sony SRS XB31 !
The factory reset is now finished. So you may now sell or gift the speaker, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a factory reset, the XB31 no longer automatically connects with any Bluetooth device. So to restore auto linking, you first pair it manually with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and are in range, pairing automatically occurs once more.
Related Posts to How to Factory Reset Sony SRS XB31
- How to Factory Reset Sony SRS XB32 Speaker
- How to Factory Reset Sony SRS XB01 Wireless Speaker
- Sony SRS X11 Bluetooth Cube How to Factory Reset
- How to Factory Reset Sony SRS XB23 Wireless Speaker
- Sony SRS XB41 Speaker How to Factory Reset
Other Posts About the SRS XB31 Sony Speaker
- How to Check Sony SRS XB31 Battery Life
- How to Make Sony SRS XB31 Discoverable
- Sony SRS XB31 Putting into Pairing Mode
- How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB31 Bluetooth Speaker
- Turning Off the Party Lights on the XB31
References for How to Reset the Sony SRS XB31
- 2021-09-28: First published.