This post shows how to pair the Sony SRS XB01 Extra Bass personal speaker with common portable devices. E.g. These include the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad line of Apple phones, media players, and tablets.
How to Pair Sony SRS XB01
With your SRS XB01 powered OFF (power button is dark), run through these directions to pair it to your source BT mobile device. We’re using an iPad Air tablet in this demo.
1. Go to the Home Screen on your Source Device
Firstly, press the Home button to reveal the smart device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, touch the Settings app icon.
The smart device then shows the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with How to Pair Sony SRS XB01
Our Bluetooth Settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since our XB01 is currently shut OFF (is not in Bluetooth discovery mode), it does not show up in the Bluetooth devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with this mobile device before.
5. Turn On your XB01 Speaker
Turn on the XB01 by quickly pressing and releasing its Power-Pairing button. See this, pointed at by the yellow arrow in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up, and its status lamp glows or blinks blue, as we see in the next picture.
But since the demo iPad does not know about this speaker, the XB01 will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put the Speaker into Pairing Mode
Now, to see the XB01 on your device, place it into Bluetooth discovery / pairing mode. To do that, press and hold in the Power-Pairing button, and release when the speaker plays two high beep tones. Usually takes one to two seconds to enter pairing mode. Find the Power-Pairing button as seen above.
Also, when you hear the beeps, the Bluetooth Status lamp begins flashing in rapid blue pulses.
7. Find the Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with How to Pair Sony SRS XB01
See the screen shot next. We found our XB01, as pointed at by the yellow arrow.
8. Pair with your Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the discovered devices list.
Your mobile device then pairs with the SRS XB01.
E.g. The the mobile device’s Bluetooth Settings screen might then change to look something like the following. Note the now-connected SRS XB01 entry, as pointed at by the green arrows in the next screenshot.
9. Done with How to Pair the Sony SRS XB01 !
At last, we have now successfully paired the XB01 BT speaker with with a common mobile tablet device.
Related Posts to How to Pair the Sony SRS XB01
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB10 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB21 Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing the Sony SRS XB22 Wireless Speaker
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB23 Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing Sony SRS XB33 Speaker
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB01
- How to Make Sony SRS XB01 Discoverable
- Sony SRS XB01 Speaker How to Check Battery
- How to Reset Sony SRS XB01 Tiny Bluetooth Speaker
References for How to Pair Sony SRS XB01 Wireless Speaker
- 2021-09-25: First published.