To pair the Flip 4 JBL speaker with a Bluetooth source device for the first time, or to revise the connection information on file in that device, you have to know how to bring up pairing mode on the speaker. In this mode, the JBL Flip 4 transmits its Bluetooth name and current connection data over the BT airwaves. So in this post, we show you how to put the JBL Flip 4 speaker into pairing mode, so you can join it to phones, tablets, computers, and smart speakers.
How to Put JBL Flip 4 Speaker into Pairing Mode
1. Turn On the Flip 4
Firstly, turn on the speaker by rapidly pressing its Power button.
See this button, circled in green, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on, as pictured next.
2. Press the Pairing / Discovery Mode Button for Two to Three Seconds
Secondly, to be able to find your speaker on your source Bluetooth device, place it into pairing mode. So for that, press and release the the Pairing button, as circled in the next picture.
When you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes a plucking guitar pairing sound. Plus, the Power button lamp starts rapidly flashing blue. E.g. See this in the last picture, pointed at by the yellow arrow.
3. Done with How to Put JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker into Pairing Mode
At last, while the Power button is blinking, you should be able to see your JBL Flip 4 on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, that is within several feet of it, as shown next. E.g. Our speaker here is named “Tom’s Flip 4”, although if you haven’t renamed yours, it will show up as “JBL Flip 4”.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Buttons, Codes Combinations Functions
- How to Connect JBL Flip 4 to iPhone
- JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- How to Charge JBL Flip 4 Wireless Bluetooth Speakers
- JBL Flip 4 Charge Time, How Long for Full Charging
Related Posts to How to Put JBL Flip 4 Speaker Into Pairing Mode
- How to Put JBL Charge 4 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put Ultimate Ears Wonderboom in Pairing Mode
- Putting JBL Xtreme in Pairing Mode, Xtreme 1
- How to Put JBL Clip 2 in Pairing Mode
- Flip 3 JBL How to Put in Pairing Mode
References for How to Put JBL Flip 4 into Pairing Mode
- 2020-08-15: First published.