You may need to reset an Amazon Plug to restore correct operation should it stop answering Alexa commands coming from either your Echo speaker or the Alexa app. Or, perhaps you want to change the WiFi network and / or password to which this WiFi plug connects. In either case a reset will prepare this switching plug for these actions.
- Note that a reset erases the saved WiFi network information from the plug’s internal memory.
- If this plug is connected to your WiFi and and Amazon account, then the reset also removes it from your Amazon account. So, if you’re resetting the plug to get it ready to sell, we suggest this procedure.
- Once reset, the plug no longer connects to your WiFi network. Thus, you will no longer be able to control it via the Alexa app or from your Echo speakers. To restore full operation, you’ll need to set up the plug once again.
How to Reset Amazon Plug, Step by Step
1. Connect the Plug to AC Power
Plug the Amazon plug into a working AC outlet as shown next. The pilot lamp will blink red a few times, and either start flashing blue, or turn off entirely as it does in the next picture.
2. Press and Hold the Action button to Reset the Amazon Plug
Find the Action button highlighted in the next picture by the blue arrow.
Keep holding in that button, until the status light starts flashing red.
You may see the light flash a blue and red at first. If so, then keep holding the Action button until the blue stops, and all you see is a red on and off flashing, as we see next.
3. Next, Release the Action Button when Lamp Flashes Only Red
Wait for the light to begin blinking red. You should see no blue in the blinking pilot lamp.
Then, when you let go of the button, the light then glows a solid red for several seconds while reset takes place.
Finally, the light begins blinking on and off blue (no red here) as seen next.
4. Done with How to Reset Amazon Plug !
The on and off red flashing means that the reset is now complete, and your plug is now ready for sale or setup on your account once again.
Related Posts to How to Reset Amazon Plug
- How to Reset JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- Resetting a Honeywell Thermostat, How To
- How to Reset JBL Pulse 3 Wireless Speaker
- How to Reset Echo Dot 3 Smart Speaker
- How to Reset Sony Speaker SRS-XB21
References for How to Reset the Amazon Plug
- 2022-08-05: First published.