The JBL speakers in the Flip, Charge, Xtreme, Boombox, and PartyBox series models, allow you to sync up to a hundred of them together such they all play the same program at the same time. This gives a much larger sound, to fill a larger party spaces with your favorite tunes. Older models have the Connect Plus button for this, while the newer models offer the PartyBoost button. But both these systems work the same. However generally, you can’t link Connect Plus and PartyBoost speakers in the same listening session. Yet if you have all PartyBoost or all of the older Connect+ models, you can match them and link them for multiple speaker music.
How to Sync JBL Speakers with Connect Plus and PartyBoost Functions, Step by Step
- Decide which speaker will be the master of the session.
- Power up and pair this one with your smart phone or tablet.
- Move all the speakers close together, to within ten feet of each other.
- Turn on the next speaker to add to the session.
- Press the PartyBoost or Connect+ button on the master speaker. Most JBL speakers have a light that comes on when either of these modes is active. Plus they make a rising cord sound when you enter these modes on them.
- Power up the next speaker to add to the session.
- Then press the PartyBoost or Connect+ button on that speaker to link. It also makes the connecting sound and its party connect light comes on.
- Finally, repeat steps 6 and 7 for each additional speaker you wish to link into the listening session.
How to End the Multiple Speaker Listening Session
You can delete one speaker from the session, so long as it’s not the master, by simply pressing and holding its Connect+ or PartyBoost button, until the associated light goes dark and the speaker makes the disconnecting sound. Or, you can simply power down that speaker.
Or to end the entire session, just switch OFF the master speaker.
Related Posts to How to Sync JBL Speakers
- 2023-02-13: First published.