The Disney Plus streaming service came online in 2019. So on this service, you can watch many movies and shows in the Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, National Geographic, or Marvel collections. Further, for vision impaired and blind users, many of these shows have a descriptive audio track. In that program, an announcer tells what’s going on on the screen as the show plays. You can hear this narration by turning it on in the Disney Plus app. Unfortunately, many users report accidentally enabling descriptive audio when they don’t want them, and then they don’t know how to disable them again. So in this piece, we show you how to turn off the descriptive audio feature on Disney Plus, as follows.
How to Turn Off Descriptive Audio on Disney Plus: Prerequisites
Well, you can’t turn this audio off, unless you have set up the following first.
- A Disney Plus subscription.
- Access to the Disney Plus app, whether that be on your phone, tablet, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, et al.
How to Turn Off Descriptive Audio on Disney Plus: Step by Step
- Bring up this app and start playing a movie.
- Then, tap the middle of the screen to bring up the transport controls (Play / Pause, Skip Back, Skip Forward).
- Tap the More Settings square near the top right corner of the screen. This brings up a list of player settings.
- Next, in the Audio list, tap the English option. Or, choose any other option besides one with the letters AD in its name. This switches OFF the descriptive audio track.
- Then, tap the X button on this Settings screen. Find it in the top right corner of the screen. Touching this button takes you back to the movie screen.
- Finally, tap the Play button to start your movie playing if it is not playing already. You should no longer hear these audio descriptions.
Other Posts About Disney Plus
Related Posts to How to Turn Off Descriptive Audio on Disney Plus
- Comcast Talking TV Guide Review, Xfinity X1 Service
- Reset Chromecast Audio to Factory Settings, How To
- Connect Google Chromecast Audio, How To
- How to Fix a Skipping CD Audio Disc
References for How to Turn Off Descriptive Audio on Disney Plus
- 2020-07-28: First published.