These JBL Charge 3 hard reset instructions show you how to hard reset your JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker to return the unit to its default settings. Hard resetting restores this speaker to factory default state. It erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing old settings stops the Charge 3 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the reset. Also, you might hard reset your JBL Bluetooth speaker to get it ready for sale or re gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
JBL Charge 3 Hard Reset Instructions
1. Turn on the JBL Charge 3
Press and release the power button. It should immediately light up.
Find the power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button comes on, as shown next. In our case, since we’ve paired the speaker with Bluetooth devices before this, it does not enter Bluetooth discovery mode. We know that because the Power button is glows solid gray, rather than blinking blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. The JBL Charge 3 is ready for resetting after this sound finishes.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together
See the next picture to find the Pause Play and UP Volume buttons.
The Charge 3 then enters hard factory reset, as shown in the next picture. Note that both the Power and Connect+ buttons light up for a couple seconds as the hard reset progresses. The Power button glows a pale blue, and the Connect button glows gray-white. We circled these buttons in green, as shown next.
Then after a short pause, the JBL Charge 3 turns off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound. The next picture shows the JBL Charge 3, powered down. All buttons are dark.
4. Check that your JBL Charge 3 Did Hard Reset
Next, power on the Charge 3 again, as described in step 1 above. In short, press and release the Power button, as shown next.
Now this time, after reset, our speaker immediately comes up in Bluetooth discovery mode, as shown next. We did not have to press the Bluetooth button first, as after a hard reset, the speaker automatically enters Bluetooth pairing mode. Note that the Power button blinks blue to denote Bluetooth discovery mode. When the Power button blinks blue or shows as solid white, the Charge 3 is not currently paired. We expect it not to pair to anything after a reset.
The JBL Charge 3 reset is now finished. You may now pack it up for sale, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
The JBL Charge 3 will no longer automatically pair with any previously paired, in range Bluetooth device in Bluetooth pairing mode. So, to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, you’ll need to forget the previously paired Charge 3 listed in the Bluetooth devices section of your source device settings. Once you do that, then manually pair the Charge 3 with that device again if so desired. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with automatically take place once more.
- Hard Reset Alexa Echo Dot Instructions
- How to Hard Reset Google Home Smart Speaker
- JBL Flip 2 Hard Reset Instructions, How to Factory Hard Reset JBL Flip 2 Bluetooth Speaker, Someday Perhaps
- JBL Clip 3 Reset Instructions, How to Hard Factory Reset JBL Clip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker, Maybe Someday
- How to Hard Reset Google Home Original Speaker
- Reset Echo Spot to Factory Settings, How To Hard Reset
- Hard Reset Echo Dot 1st Generation, Gen 1 Echo Dot Reset
- How to Hard Reset Google Home Mini Instructions
- JBL Go Hard Factory Reset Instructions for JBL Go and Go 2 Speakers
- How to Reset Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- “How do I completely factory reset my Charge 3? I need to remove the updates it has on it.” from BestBuy.com
- TIL how to hard reset a JBL Charge Bluetooth Speaker? on Reddit.com
- 2019-04-17: Added tags.
- 2018-12-19: First published.