We cover here the JBL Go 3 reset instructions, to restore it to its default factory settings. Resetting restores this speaker to factory default state. Plus, it erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from the speaker’s memory. Clearing these stops the speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the reset. Also, you might reset to make the speaker ready or sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with whenever you turn it on.
JBL Go 3 Reset Instructions
1. Turn on the Speaker
Press and hold the Power button until the status lamp on the front top lights up and the guitar strum sound plays.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Guitar Sound
The JBL Go 3 makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up, and is ready for use after this sound finishes. It may or may not pair with a device, depending on whether there are any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the Go3. Whether paired or not, resetting works the same way, as follows.
3. Press the Volume UP and Bluetooth Buttons Together to Continue with JBL Go 3 Reset
Find the Bluetooth and UP Volume buttons. The BT button is on the side right panel, second button down from the top of the speaker. Also, we find the Volume UP button on the top, near the right edge of the unit. We point out both buttons in the next picture.
The JBL Go 3 then goes into reset.
Then within a second or two, the unit powers off after reset finishes. You hear the falling guitar strum sounds, and then the status lamp goes dark, as shown next.
4. Check that JBL Go 3 Reset Did Indeed Work
Next, turn the speaker ON again, as detailed in step 1 above.
Note that after reset, our speaker came up in ready-to-pair mode, with the status lamp rapidly flashing.
5. Done with JBL Go 3 Reset !
Reset is now done. So you may now gift or sell it, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After reset, the speaker no longer automatically connects with any prior paired Bluetooth device that happens to be in range and in Bluetooth pairing mode. Thus, to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, you would manually pair the Go 3 with a desired device. Then after that, any time that both this speaker, and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing would automatically take place again.
Other Posts About the JBL Go 3
- JBL Go 3 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Light
- Go 3 JBL Red Light Stays ON, Won’t Turn OFF
- JBL Go 3 Buttons, Meanings Functions, Combinations
- JBL Go 3 Low Frequency Mode, Extra Bass
- JBL Go 2 Reset Instructions to Fix Pairing Problems
- Reset Bluetooth Instructions for the JBL Charge 3 Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Reset Paired Devices Instructions
- Flip 5 JBL Reset Bluetooth Instructions
- JBL Clip 3 Reset Instructions, Hard Factory Reset
References for How to JBL Go 3 Reset
- 2020-07-13: First posted.