The UE Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker has a single LED on its top panel, close to the front, as shown in the next pictures. This lets you know battery status, whether it’s draining or charging, or whether it’s very low or not when discharging. However, it does not show the charging progress, or how full the battery is at a given time while charging. Nor does it indicate how much electricity the battery has left when discharging, although it does change color when the battery hits the almost-dead state. In this piece, we explain how to read the UE Wonderboom battery status and charging indicator light on this speaker.
How to Read the UE Wonderboom Battery Indicator Light
1. The Light is OFF
When you power down the UE Wonderboom with no charger connected, this lamp, that also doubles as a pilot light, is dark, as shown next. The lamp is also dark when the charger IS connected but the battery finished charging to full.
2. The UE Wonderboom Battery Indicator Shows Battery Recharging Progress
The status lamp lights up red (no flashing) while the speaker charges, as shown in the next picture. On this speaker, the glowing light is the only visual indication that charging is going. But it does not tell how far along the charging is.
Note that this lamp blinks red when the battery is critically low and should be recharged shortly. When you connect power, this red flashing light turns to a solid red whether the speaker is switched OFF or ON.
3. When the Light Goes Off, Then Charging is Complete
As UE Wonderboom charging continues, the light keeps glowing red, Battery charging is done when The lamp goes out, or turns white. It turn off when the speaker is not ON, and turns white when it is ON.
This last picture shows the speaker during charge cycle when turned OFF. Note the red light.
The battery recharge cycle finishes when the speaker status lamp turns off. Even with the AC charger still attached, the lamp does not glow when battery is full, unless the speaker itself is turned on.
If the speaker is ON when charging finishes, the lamp turns from red to white.
4. The UE Wonderboom Battery Indicator Does Not Tell the Remaining Charge Until Battery is Nearly Dead
When unplugged from the charger, what was the battery indicator becomes the battery charge left indicator. Well kind of. If it glows white, then the battery has some amount of play time left, although you cannot deduce how much.
But the only signal this light gives about battery status when not charging, is when the battery reaches a very low level of charge. Then, it starts flashing red.
Related Posts to UE Wonderboom Battery Indicator
- JBL Clip 2 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Light
- JBL Go 2 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Light
- How to Check Battery on Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2
- Checking Wonderboom Battery Life and Level
- JBL Flip 5 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Lights
Other Posts About the UE Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Tell if UE Wonderboom is Charging
- How to Charge UE Wonderboom Speaker
- UE Wonderboom Charge Time, How Long to Fully Charge
- How to Pair UE Wonderboom with Alexa
- UE Wonderboom Pairing Instructions
References for UE Wonderboom Battery Indicator
- 2021-08-21: Shortened the internal links and tags lists.
- 2020-08-13: First published.