Gives Sony SRS XB20 factory reset instructions to return this portable speaker to its default settings. Factory resetting restores the 20 to new-out-of-the-box state. Plus, it erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. This stops the speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices. Further, you might factory reset the unit to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing wirelessly with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
Sony SRS XB20 Speaker Factory Reset, Step by Step Details
1. Turn ON the XB20
Press and release the Power-Pairing button for a half-second or so. Find this button as shown in the next picture.
Then, the Power-Pairing button illuminates, as we see next.
The speaker may make a two-tone sound as it boots, to announce that it has paired, should it sync to a nearby device. Or it may play no sound at all if it does not. But whether the unit connects or not though, this factory reset routine works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Power and Volume DOWN Buttons Together
Find these buttons as shown next. They are both on the top button panel, as we point out in the next picture.
The XB20 then enters its factory reset program in its firmware.
Then after about five seconds, the speaker shuts OFF, and the Power-Pairing button goes dark, as shown next. At that time, release the buttons. Note that on the SRS XB20, there is no power-OFF noise.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB20 Speaker Did Indeed Factory Reset
Next, power on the unit again, as detailed in step 1 above.
Note that after this factory reset, the XB20 comes up in pairing mode. The Pairing Status lamp quickly blinks white to let you know this. But the speaker should not sync with any device fresh after a factory reset.
E.g. See this in the next picture.
This is a signal that you may then look for this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with How to Factory Reset the Sony SRS XB20 !
This operation is now complete. So you may now sell or gift the speaker, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a factory reset, the XB20 no longer automatically links with any Bluetooth device. So to restore auto joining, you manually pair it with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and are in range, pairing would automatically take place once more.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB20 Factory Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB21 Factory Reset Instructions
- SRS XB22 Sony Bluetooth Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- Sony SRS XB23 Factory Reset Instructions
- XB31 SRS Sony Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- Sony XB32 SRS Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB20 Speaker
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB20 to iPhone
- How to Check Sony SRS XB20 Battery Life
- Turning Off the Sony SRS XB20 Portable Speaker
- How to Turn Off the Party Lights on the XB20
- Telling if the XB20 Speaker is Charging
References for Sony SRS XB20 Factory Reset
- 2021-10-05: First published.