This speaker comes equipped with a set of party LED lights that, by default, blink and pulsate in a vivid blue color to the beat of whatever you play on the speaker. However sometimes, you may not like a party atmosphere, such as when you want to play the speaker while drifting off to sleep or during the day in a bright area, where you can’t see the lights anyhow. So we show here how to turn off the Sony SRS XB20 party lights on this Bluetooth speaker for just these scenarios.
To turn off the lights, look for the EXTRA BASS-LIGHT button. We find this control is the first (leftmost) button on the button panel on top of the unit, as we see in the next picture.
How to Turn the Sony SRS XB20 Party Lights OFF, Step by Step
These bright blue lamps, which light up a translucent bar ring around the front of the speaker are set to put on their light show by default. E.g. See them in action in the next picture.
They operate either when the speaker is fresh out of the box, or after a factory reset. So to turn them OFF, do as follows…
- Press and hold for a second or two the EXTRA BASS–LIGHT button. Turning them OFF saves a bit of battery juice. And this is handy especially when you don’t really need to waste any on running these lamps. E.g. Like when playing the speaker in daylight. Or you might not want them pulsating in a bright room where they would be harder to see anyway. In the next picture, we show what the XB20 looks like with its lights OFF.
Then when you want to turn them back on again, simply repeat what you did above. I.e. Press and hold in the EXTRA BASS-LIGHT button until the party lamps resume their usual blinking.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB20 Speaker
- Telling if the XB20 is Charging
- How to Make the XB20 Discoverable
- How to Reset Sony SRS XB20 Extra Bass Speaker
- Pairing the XB20 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Put Sony SRS XB20 in Pairing Mode
- How to Turn Off Lights on the Sony SRS XB43 Bluetooth Speaker
- Turn Off the Party Lights on the Sony SRS XB41 BT Speaker
- How to Turn Off Lights on Sony SRS XB33
- Turning Off the Party Lights on the Sony SRS XB32 Speaker
- How to Turn Off Lights on Sony SRS XB31 Speaker
References for How to Turn Off Lights on Sony SRS XB20` BT Speaker
- 2021-10-03: First published.