This post gives Sony SRS XB23 pairing instructions, to link this speaker with common portable devices. E.g. These include the Android and Apple platforms of phones, media players, tablets, and computers.
Sony SRS XB23 Pairing Instructions, Step by Step
With your SRS XB23 powered OFF (power button is dark), run through these directions to pair it to your source BT smart device. We’re using an iPad Air tablet for this demo.
1. Go to the Home Screen on the Source Device
Firstly, press the Home button to bring up the smart device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, touch the Settings app icon.
The smart device then shows the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with Sony SRS XB23 Pairing
Our Bluetooth Settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since our XB23 is currently shut OFF (is not in Bluetooth discovery mode), it is not listed in the Bluetooth devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with this iPad before.
5. Turn On your Sony SRS XB23
Turn on the XB23 by quickly pressing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up, and its status lamp glows green, as seen in the next picture.
But since the test iPad does not know about this speaker, the SRS XB23 will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put the XB23 into Pairing Mode
Now, to see your Sony SRS XB23 on your device, place it into Bluetooth discovery / pairing mode. To do that, press the Pairing button, and release after a quarter second.
Find the Pairing button as we see in the next picture, pointed at by the yellow arrow.
Then the speaker announces, “Bluetooth pairing,” in a woman’s voice. Also, the Bluetooth Status lamp starts flashing in a pulse-pulse-pause, pulse-pulse-pause pattern.
7. Find the Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with Sony SRS XB23 Pairing
See the screen shot next. We found our XB23, as pointed at by the yellow arrow.
8. Pair with your Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the discovered devices list.
Your mobile device then pairs with the SRS XB23.
E.g. The the mobile device’s Bluetooth Settings screen might then change to look something like the following. Note the now-connected SRS XB23 entry, as pointed at by the yellow arrows in the next screenshot.
9. Done with Sony SRS XB23 Pairing Instructions !
At last, we have now successfully paired the XB23 BT speaker with with a common mobile tablet device.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XB23 Pairing
- Pairing Instructions for the Sony SRS XB22 Speaker
- Sony SRS XB21 Pairing Instructions
- Sony SRS XB20 Pairing Instructions
- Pairing Instructions for the Sony SRS XB01 Speaker
- Sony SRS X11 Pairing Instructions
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB23
- Sony SRS XB23 Reset Instructions
- How to Check Sony SRS XB23 Battery Life
- Updating Firmware on the Sony SRS XB23
- Sony SRS XB23 Charging Instructions
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB23 to iPhone
References for Sony SRS XB23 Pairing Instructions
- 2022-07-19: First published.