This post shows how to connect a Sony SRS XB23 wireless speaker to an iPhone smart phone. Doing so gives you a bigger, and clearly better sound when you stream music from the iPhone to speakers like this one.
How to Connect Sony SRS XB23 Speaker to iPhone, Step by Step Procedure
With the XB23 switched OFF (power button is dark), run through this routine to connect it to your iPhone mobile device. For this demo, the test phone is an iPhone 12 Pro Max.
1. Go to the Home Screen on your Device
Firstly, press and release the side button (right edge of the phone) and enter your passcode or Face Id to bring up the Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
Next, flip through the Home screen pages until you find the Settings app. We found ours on the second page of the Home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, tap the Settings app icon.
The smart device then shows the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Option to Continue with How to Connect Sony SRS XB23 Speaker to iPhone
Tap the Bluetooth item on the Settings page.
Then you get the Bluetooth Settings screen, as we show next.
Note that our Bluetooth is running here. But since our test Sony SRS XB23 speaker is currently shut OFF (is not in Bluetooth pairing mode), it does not show up in the BT devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with this iPhone before.
5. Turn On your Speaker
Turn on the XB 23 by quickly pressing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the yellow arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then boots up, and its status lamp glows green, as we see in the next picture.
Also, the Bluetooth Status lamp will blink in some pattern to indicate that the speaker is ready to answer a Bluetooth pairing request.
If this lamp blinks evenly, then it’s passively waiting for a Bluetooth connection request to come in.
But if it blinks in a pulse-pulse-pause, pulse-pulse-pause pattern (double flashing), then it’s broadcasting its connection information over Bluetooth so other devices can find and link it. I.e. The speaker is in pairing mode in this case.
Moreover, since our test iPhone does not know about this speaker, this test speaker will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put the XB23 into Pairing Mode
Now, to see this speaker on your iPhone, place it into Bluetooth pairing mode if it’s not in that mode already. To do that, press the Pairing button. Then release it when the unit beeps and speaks that it’s in pairing mode. Also, the Bluetooth Status lamp begins its rapid or pulse-pulse-pause, pulse-pulse-pause flashing pattern, as we see in the last picture.
Find the Pairing button on the top button panel, second button from the left as shown next.
7. Find the Speaker on your Phone to Continue with How to Connect Sony SRS XB23 to iPhone
See the screen shot next. We found our speaker, as shown next.
8. Connect with the XB23
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices list.
The iPhone then pairs with the test speaker here.
I.e. The iPhone’s Bluetooth Settings screen might then change to look something like the following. Note the now-paired Sony SRS XB23 entry, as we point out with the green arrow next.
9. Done with How to Connect Sony SRS XB23 to iPhone !
At last, we have now successfully connected the XB23 test speaker with a popular iPhone.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB23 Speaker
- Sony SRS XB23 Buttons Explained
- How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB23 Bluetooth Speaker
- Telling if This BT Speaker is Charging
- How to Put the XB23 into Pairing Mode
- Pairing Details for this Sony Wireless Speaker
Related Posts to How to Connect Sony SRS XB23 Speaker to an iPhone
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB31 Bluetooth Speaker to iPhone
- Connecting a Sony SRS XB32 Speaker to an iPhone
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB41 Portable Speaker to iPhone
- Sony SRS XB33 Bluetooth Speaker How to Connect to iPhone
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB43 to iPhone
- 2021-10-04: First published.