This post shows how to pair the Sony SRS XB23 Extra Bass Bluetooth speaker with common portable devices. E.g. These include the Android and Apple platforms of phones, media players, tablets, and computers.
How to Pair Sony SRS XB23
With your SRS XB23 powered OFF (power button is dark), run through these directions to pair it to your source BT mobile device. We’re using an iPad Air tablet for this demo.
1. Go to the Home Screen on your Source Device
Firstly, press the Home button to reveal the smart device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, touch the Settings app icon.
The smart device then shows the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with How to Pair Sony SRS XB23
Our Bluetooth Settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since our Sony SRS XB23 is currently shut OFF (is not in Bluetooth discovery mode), it does not show up in the Bluetooth devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with our mobile device before.
5. Turn On your Sony SRS XB23
Turn on the XB23 by quickly pressing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up, and its status lamp glows green, as seen in the next picture.
But since our iPad does not know about this speaker, the SRS XB23 will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put the Speaker into Pairing Mode
Now, to see your Sony SRS XB23 speaker on your device, place it into Bluetooth discovery / pairing mode. To do that, press the Pairing button, and release after a quarter second.
Find the Pairing button as we see in the next picture, pointed at by the yellow arrow.
Then the speaker announces, “Bluetooth pairing,” in a woman’s voice. Also, the Bluetooth Status lamp begins flashing in a pulse-pulse-pause, pulse-pulse-pause pattern.
7. Find the Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with How to Pair Sony SRS XB23
See the screen shot next. We found our XB23, as pointed at by the yellow arrow.
8. Pair with your Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the discovered devices list.
Your mobile device then pairs with the SRS XB23.
E.g. The the mobile device’s Bluetooth Settings screen might then change to look something like the following. Note the now-connected SRS XB23 entry, as pointed at by the green arrows in the next screenshot.
9. Done with How to Pair the Sony SRS XB23 !
At last, we have now successfully paired the XB23 BT speaker with with a common mobile tablet device.
Related Posts to How to Pair the Sony SRS XB23
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB33 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB41 Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing the Sony SRS XB43 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair Sony Speaker to iPhone
- Pairing Directions for the Sony SRS XB13 Extra Bass Speaker
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB23
- How to Make Sony SRS XB23 Discoverable
- Checking the Battery on the Sony SRS XB23 Speaker
- How to Hard Reset Sony SRS XB23 Bluetooth Speaker
References for How to Pair Sony SRS XB23 Wireless Speaker
- 2021-09-25: First published.