Here, we list Sony SRS XG500 X Series boombox BT speaker specs. Firstly, these specifications cover the unit’s length, width, weight, battery recharge time, output power, and music play time per charge. We also include the frequency response, driver size, Bluetooth support details et al.
Secondly, it’s clear from the published specs, that the Sony SRS XG500 sounds great for its size. E.g. It plays loud enough for medium size parties at patios, swimming pools, dances, et al, with its approximately ten (10) watts RMS of audio power per channel, 20 watts total.
Plus, even at loudest volume, the lithium ion battery can last from four (4) to thirty (30) hours per recharge depending on surrounding temperature, light setting, and program content. Indeed, the specs certainly do not mislead as to the great features Sony put into this IPX6 water resistant Bluetooth speaker.
Sony SRS XG500 Specs
- Firstly, the speaker height: 256 mm or 10.08 inches.
- Width: 460 mm or 18.11 inches.
- Depth: 215 mm or 8.46 inches.
- Weight: 5.6 KG, or 12.35 pounds.
- Water Resistance Specification: IPX6.
- Wireless Communication Methods: Bluetooth.
- Additionally, the Bluetooth Transmitter Frequency Range: 2.4 to 2.4835 Ghz.
- Max Communications Range: 30 M. or 98 Ft.
- The Bluetooth version: 5.0.
- Modulation method: FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum).
- Bluetooth profiles supported: A2DP and AVRCP.
- Moreover, the supported codecs are: SBC, AAC, and LDAC.
- Audio Frequency Transmission Range: 20 – 20,000 Hz.
- Sampling Frequency: 44,100 Hz.
- Music playing time: Up to 30 hours (varies by volume setting, light setting, temperature, and program content).
- Woofer: 110 mm X 110 mm (4.33 inches X 4.33 inches) X 2.
- Tweeter: 25 mm diameter (0.98 inches) X 2.
- Passive radiator design.
- Audio Output Power (RMS): 10 watts per channel, 20 watts total RMS. *
- The battery charge time: 3.0 hours.
- Lastly, the AC Adapter (suggested specs): 20 volts, 4 amps, 80 watts output, barrel style connector with positive center.
* = Estimated.
Sony SRS XG500 Features
- Multi color party LED lights.
- Next, the speaker type: Full Range, stereo.
- Works with the Sony Music Center and Fiestable apps, which allow you to control the speaker from a paired smart device like a phone or tablet.
- Plus, the unit has a high quality electret condenser microphone for speakerphone use.
- USB Play function, allows auto playing of content on USB thumb drive when inserted into port on speaker.
- This speaker is water and dust resistant.
- Microphone and guitar input ports to access the PA function.
- Moreover, this unit has a long lasting cloth grill.
- Charging is done via the included AC adapter.
- Standby function.
- Auto power OFF.
- This speaker also has a stereo pairing function to set up two of these in a stereo pair.
- Furthermore, there’s the Party Connect function that lets you join up to 100 compatible speakers for an even bigger sound.
- User updatable firmware.
- Low battery warning.
- Connects to up to two Bluetooth devices at the same time.
- Finally, there’s a power bank function to charge a phone from this speaker’s battery.
Sony SRS XG500 Release Date
This Bluetooth speaker was released in June of 2021.
Additionally, this particular Sony speaker you can get in black only.
Sony SRS XG500 Price
Finally, as of this writing, you can find the XG500 for between $169 and $399. The average price appears to be around $237 US.
Related Posts to Sony SRS XG500 Specs
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XG500 Mini Boombox
- 2023-01-20: First released.