The Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker has a single LED on its top panel, close to the front, as shown in the next pictures. This lets you know battery status, whether it’s draining or charging, or whether it’s critically low or not when discharging. However, it does not tell you the charging progress, or how full the battery is at a given time while charging. Nor does it show how much energy the battery has left when discharging, although it does change color when the battery reaches almost-dead state. In this post, we describe how to read the Wonderboom battery status and charging indicator light on this speaker.
How to Read the Wonderboom Battery Indicator Light
1. The Lamp is OFF
When you power down the Wonderboom with no charger connected, this lamp, that also doubles as a pilot light, is dark, as shown next. The lamp is also OFF when the charger IS connected but the battery has charged to full.
2. Wonderboom Battery Indicator Shows Battery Recharging Progress
The status lamp slowly flashes white while the speaker charges, as shown in the next picture. On this speaker, this LED light is the only visual indication that charging is running. But it does not tell how far along the battery recharging is.
Note that this lamp blinks red when the battery is critically low, as pictured next, and should be recharged pretty soon. When you apply power, this red flashing light turns to a slowly blinking white. This blink pattern appears during charging, whether the speaker is switched OFF or ON.
3. When the Light Goes Out, Then Charging is Done
As speaker charging continues, the light keeps slowly blinking white, But battery charging is done when the lamp goes out, or turns white. It turn OFF when the speaker is not ON, and turns white when it is ON.
The battery recharge cycle finishes when the speaker status lamp turns off. Even with the AC charger still attached, the lamp does not glow when battery is full, unless the speaker itself is turned on.
If the speaker is ON when charging finishes, the lamp turns from flashing white to solid white.
4. The Wonderboom Battery Indicator Does Not Tell How Much Charge is Left Until Battery Goes Critically Low
When unplugged from the charger, what was the battery indicator becomes the battery charge left indicator. Well sort of. If it glows white, then the battery has some amount of play time left, although you cannot tell how much.
But the only indication this light gives about battery status when not charging, is when the battery reaches a critically low level. Then, it starts fast-flashing red, as pictured above.
Related Posts to Wonderboom Battery Indicator
- JBL Clip 2 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Light
- JBL Go 2 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Light
- How to Check Battery on Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2
- Checking Wonderboom Battery Life and Level
- JBL Flip 5 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Lights
Other Posts About the Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
- Wonderboom Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- How to Check Wonderboom Battery Life and Level
- Wonderboom Charge Time, How Long for Full Charging
- How to Factory Reset Wonderboom
- How to Connect to Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
References for Wonderboom Battery Indicator
- 2021-08-21: Revised the tags and internal links lists.
- 2020-08-13: First published.