Blaster lubes have sat on our workshop shelves for years, including this Blaster spray white lithium grease. Some years back, we bought an 11-ounce can of this lube to quiet our squeaky space heater fans, squawky doors, and grinding glider rocking chairs. Our experiences with this effective and long-lasting product follow in this review.
Benefits, Pros, Features, and Advantages of Blaster Spray White Lithium Grease
Indeed, this spray leaves little behind, except a slippery yellow-white grease film that waterproofs metal-on-metal sites. Thus this is a highly versatile, one-stop lubricant which is applicable in many home as well as industrial applications.
Resists Temperature and Humidity Extremes
This Blaster spray white lithium grease resists heat, moisture, grind in motors. This made it ideal for use in Fixing Squeaking Glider Rockers, as well as the hinges on our balcony sliding glass doors, shed doors, and squeaky wheelbarrow wheels. Lowered sliding noises and freed up stubborn doors. They then slid easier on their tracks.
Stops squeaks on indoor and outdoor appliances. Loosens frozen barbecue grill wheels.
Blaster Spray White Lithium Grease Lowers Friction
Extends the life of parts such as ball bearings, by reducing friction and wear. Can really speed up roller skates and roller blades.
Many Jobs from One Can
A single 11-ounce can of this Blaster grease goes a long way around house, car, and barn. We had our can for over seven years now. And though we applied it often to windows, door hinges, table casters, et al, the can is still almost full. Not only does Blaster give long-lasting lube. But since you need so little to work well, one can may be all you need for years to come.
Sticks to Where you Spray It
Blaster spray white lithium grease sticks tough on most metals. It does not oxidize.
After spraying it on, it dries in less than a minute. So you needn’t wait long to begin using your appliances again. You can start using most of them right away in fact.
We paid about six dollars for this lubricant spray.
Blaster Spray White Lithium Grease Features Slow Rinse Away
Under normal exposure to water, this lithium-based lube does not wash off quickly.
Long-Lasting Lubrication and Protection
Remains effective much longer than thinner oils and spray lubricants. Even outdoor parts on farm tractors perform better for many weeks after treatment.
Reduces Wear and Premature Parts Failure
With less friction comes less noise as well as longer lived moving contacting parts.
Breezy, Easy Clean-Up
Just wipe away excess grease with a cloth. Then wash with soap and water whatever is left on your hands.
Disadvantages, Cons, Problems, and Limitations of Blaster Spray White Lithium Grease
Needs Vigorous Can Shaking
You should shake the can profusely before applying, as the silicone often separates from the propellant.
Highly Volatile While Spraying
And, speaking of propellants, the label says that this spray employs a highly-flammable propellant. Hmmm. Seems like they could have used a less volatile gas. So take great care not to store this can close to sources of ignition or heat.
Creates Intense Fumes
This spray lube has a very strong odor; particularly when you initially apply it to hot surfaces, as in the element-retaining brackets in electric baseboard heaters. So we suggest using Blaster white lithium grease lubricant only in well-aired spaces. Also, to cut odor, allow grease to dry before working the treated devices.
Blaster Spray White Lithium Grease is Not for Precision Lubing
The aerosol stream from a can of Blaster spray white lithium grease smells quite strong. Plus, it’s hard to aim and control. So when spraying into small areas, you often end up with a white greasy mess. Then most of this grease you must wipe away. You can remove any excess from hard surfaces by wiping it up with a paper towel. Still though, you’d likely want to use a non spray grease for jobs that feature very small and intricate parts.
Easily Lost Spray Straw
While Blaster supplies a single straw with each can, these are not permanently attached. So, they are often misplaced long before you use up the can.
Uses for Blaster Spray White Lithium Grease
We’ve enjoyed much success with Blaster white lithium grease. We find it to stop binding and rough motion in the following applications.
- Garage doors.
- All door hinges in the home benefit. These include hinges on appliance doors on refrigerators and freezers, microwave ovens, and basement coal bins.
- Squeaking and tapping electric baseboard heaters.
- Hinges, chains, and pulleys on lawn swings, baby swings, as well as metal gears of most any type.
- Bicycle pedal and wheel sprockets.
- Furniture rollers and casters.
- Glider rocking chair bearings and joints.
- Trailer hitches.
- Roll away bed springs. These can squawk and squeak when you move around on the mattress. But grow quiet when “Blasted.” Just be mindful about getting this stuff on the mattress. That may not matter to you, since the side that contacts the springs is generally not visible.
- Bolts and nuts loosening when sprayed on gritty or rusty threads.
- Sliding windows and glass balcony doors. We spray this on the tracks, both top and bottom. Then these windows loosen and slide open and closed easily.
- Medium-sized and large fans, that feature either ball bearings or sleeve bearings. Blaster spray white lithium grease works well in either case. It smooths out rough spinning. Thus, it can save energy. Plus, it and promotes cooler motor running. But this grease may be too thick to lube small bearings such as in computers and peripheral equipment. Oil or WD-40 work better in these cases.
- Loosens up hose reels and keepers. Makes them easier to crank and wind up. It fights the typical build-up of grime and dirt in moving parts.
Our Rating for Blaster Spray White Lithium Grease
We’re pleased with this versatile lube, except for its strong fumes. It works well and long. The off-putting odor of this product set aside, we’d rate this lithium grease at 84 out of 100.
Where To Buy Blaster Spray White Lithium Grease
Look for the white, yellow, and blue can with the white and red letters at Home Depot home centers. This is a useful spray to keep around the house.
- Blaster GDL Garage Door Lube Spray Review
- WD-40 Specialist Silicone Lubricant Spray Review
- Blaster Graphite Dry Lubricant Lube Spray Review
- Fixing Squeaky Wooden Glider Rocking Chairs Tips
- Maytag Bravos Washer MVWB750WQ Review
- J-B Weld Steel Reinforced Epoxy Bond 8265-H Review
References for Blaster Spray White Lithium Grease
- Blaster Corp Web Site
- What is White Lithium Grease on The Free Dictionary
- Where to buy Blaster Aerosol White Lithium Grease
- 2019-03-21: Added tags and improved keyword targeting.
- 2015-12-14: Added more appropriate tags.
- 2015-10-08: Added appropriate tags.
- 2015-01-11: Initial publication.