Harman Kardon really packed their Microsoft Invoke voice activated speaker quite well in the original carton. In this demonstration, we explain how to safely unbox the speaker, as well as the included documentation and power adapter accessory. See the next picture for a view of our Invoke speaker, still in the sealed box, in the original plastic bag.
1. Remove the outer plastic bag. The opening in the plastic bag was taped in our case. We just gently pulled apart the taped ends. This can indeed be done without damaging the bag.
2. Locate the seal tape, near the bottom of the original carton, as shown in the next picture.
3. Remove the circular piece of sealing tape from the box. We were able to pick at the tape with our fingernails enough to loosen an edge of it enough to grasp and pull off. Pull it gently however, to avoid ripping off the imprinted box covering beneath that tape.
4. Next, lift off the top part of the box, as shown next.
This reveals the Invoke speaker, sitting in the packing pedestal, as shown next.
5. Next, lift the speaker out of the pedestal, as shown next.
6. Inspect the speaker for damage in shipment. Check all around its metal grill for any dents and dings. Also, turn it upside down and examine its plastic base for any cracks, broken ports, Etc.
7. Then, return to the box pedestal, which contains the accessory power adapter and all included documentation for this smart speaker, as shown next.
8. Pull out the foam padded pedestal tray from the outer box bottom, as shown next. Then, under this piece, find the inner accessory and documentation box.
9. Pull out the inner accessory box from the outer box bottom, as shown next.
10. Open and end of the inner accessories box, as shown next.
11. Pull out the contents of the inner accessories box, as shown next. Find the power adapter and several sheets and pamphlets.
12. Check that you have all the parts and that none are damaged. You should have found the speaker itself, the power adapter, a Meet Cortana pamphlet, a black warranty pamphlet from Harman Industries, a Product Tour and Specifications guide, and a black Important Safety Instructions pamphlet. All of this is shown next.
You’re done! Now, you can set up your Invoke speaker. We will demonstrate how to do that in an upcoming post. Stay tuned.
See the Invoke speaker web site for other information about this voice activated speaker.
- How to Adjust Volume on Microsoft Invoke Voice Activated Speaker
- How to Pair Harman Kardon Microsoft Invoke Cortana Speaker as a Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Reboot the Microsoft Invoke Smart Speaker
- Where is Reset Button on Harman Kardon Microsoft Invoke Smart Speaker
2017-11-21: Originally published.