Here, we give Echo Studio speaker factory reset instructions, to put it back to factory default settings. So why would you need to do this? Well, you may wish to sell or give the unit to another person. Or link it to a new Amazon account. Or connect it to a new WiFi network. In all these situations, factory resetting is the best way to clean out all old account data from this device. Thus, a factory reset gets it ready to use on a new account and / or WiFi network. So to factory reset the speaker, and unpair it from its current Alexa account, run through the routine below.
Do not always factory reset as a first step for fixing bizarre Echo Studio behavior. Before doing this, try shutting off the speaker by unplugging its power cable either from the wall outlet, or from the unit itself. Then, wait twenty seconds or so. Finally, plug it back in. In fact, rebooting often restores proper working. But if it does not, read on for the proper reset procedure.
Once you factory reset the speaker, you’ll no longer be able to control it from your Amazon account. To get control of it back, run through the Setup procedure again. There, relink the speaker to that account again via the Alexa app.
Echo Studio Factory Reset, Step by Step
1. Attach the AC Power Cable
First, connect the speaker to its AC power cable, as shown next.
2. Next, Plug the Other End of the Cord into a Working Wall Outlet
See this as shown next.
Then, wait for the unit to finish booting. It’s done booting when either the light ring goes dark, or it begins flashing orange, red, or purple.
3. Next, Press and Hold the Action Button for 5 to 10 Seconds to Continue with Echo Studio Factory Reset
Press the Action button until the light ring turns orange. You should also hear the speaker say that it is entering Setup mode. On the Echo Studio, the Action button doubles as the Factory Reset button, and we point at it with the green arrow in the next picture.
4. Finally, What Happens After Factory Reset?
Your Echo Studio is now restored to its factory default settings. It also has entered Setup mode, as shown next.
5. Done with Echo Studio Factory Reset !
Pack it Up or Set Up your Echo Studio Again
You may now give your Studio away now. Don’t fear that those you give it to will have access to the settings on your Amazon account though. They won’t.
Or, you can set it up again on your existing account. But if selling, we suggest that you pack the speaker in its original carton. Do this for safest transport through the mail, as shown in the next picture. Then, pack the Echo Studio box in another outer box for further safety.
Other Posts About the Echo Studio
- Echo Studio Buttons Guide, Meanings Functions Codes
- Adjusting the Volume on the Echo Studio Smart Speaker
- How to Connect Echo Studio to Internet
- Echo Studio Factory Reset Button, Where Is It
- How to Use Echo Studio as Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to Echo Studio Factory Reset
- JBL Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- Netgear Extender Factory Reset Instructions
- JBL Charge 4 Factory Reset Instructions
- Amazon Echo Factory Reset Instructions
- Echo Spot Factory Reset Instructions
References for Echo Studio Factory Reset Directions
- 2021-08-10: First published.