Shows how to adjust volume on Amazon Echo Studio Alexa speaker, in a few ways. You can…
- Ask the speaker to raise and lower the volume with voice commands.
- Then set Echo Studio volume in the Alexa app.
- Or you may press the Volume UP and Volume DOWN buttons on the speaker top.
How to Adjust Volume on Amazon Echo with Voice Commands
First, one way to adjust volume on the Echo Studio, is to ask her to set it with your voice. Now we’ve set the wake word on our speaker to Alexa. So, the volume setting commands below use that word to get her attention.
Furthermore, on this speaker, the volume range is zero to ten. Further, when asking her, use whole numbers between zero and ten.
- Alexa, raise the volume. [Increases the volume by ten percent.]
- OK Alexa, lower the volume. [Lowers the volume by ten percent.]
- Alexa, set volume 5. [Adjusts the volume to fifty percent of maximum.]
- Hey Alexa, set volume 1. [Sets the volume to ten percent of maximum.]
- Alexa, set volume 10. [Sets the volume to maximum output.]
- Okay Alexa, set the volume to 0. [Sets the volume to minimum.]
How to Adjust Volume on Echo Studio Using the Buttons on the Speaker
Also, the Echo Studio smart speaker has four pushbuttons on its top, closest to you as you face the speaker’s front. The two middle buttons, as shown in the next picture, let you control the volume.
Pressing the Volume DOWN button (second one in from the left) decreases the volume in roughly three percent steps, until you reach zero volume (mute). Depressing the Volume UP button (second in from the right) raises the volume, again in approximately three percent increments, up to max (full) volume.
Then, the light pattern around the outer edge of the top of the speaker increases and shrinks in size. It does this to show UP and DOWN volume setting changes, as shown next.
Also, the light pattern shows how loud the volume is. E.g. A lighted circle all the way around means full volume. A circle with just one light lit, means lowest volume.
Finally, the picture below shows the light ring when the volume is currently at about half of maximum. The more lit up the light ring, the louder the volume is set.
How to Adjust Volume on the Echo Studio Amazon Speaker with the Alexa App
First, for this method, we assume here that your speaker is up and running, and is connected to Alexa via your Amazon account. Plus, you must have the Alexa app running on a smart phone or tablet that is linked to the same WiFi network as your Echo Studio. If not, get all that set up, and then come back and follow the routine below to raise and lower the volume on this speaker.
1. Run the Alexa App
First, find the Alexa app on your mobile device, as we did on the iPad Air device, as shown in the next picture.
Tap the Alexa app icon to run it. You should see the app’s Home page, as shown next.
2. Tap the Devices Button
Find this called out by the green arrow in the last picture.
Next, hitting the Devices control brings up the Devices page, as shown next.
3. Tap the All Devices Button
Then, touching the All Devices button brings up the All Devices page, that lists all the Alexa devices currently configured on your Amazon account, as shown next.
4. Find and Touch the Echo Studio Speaker to Adjust
Next, find your Echo Studio in the All Devices list shown on this page. Then, tap it.
This brings up the Settings page for the Echo Studio you chose, as shown next. In this demo, we’re working with the Tom’s Echo Studio speaker, as pointed out by the green arrow in the last picture. Note the volume slider control in the top quarter of the screen, pointed out by the green arrow. Here, ours is currently set at fifty percent loudness.
5. How to Adjust Echo Studio Volume
Next, to increase Echo Studio volume, touch the white dot of the Volume slider control and drag it to the right, as we did in the next picture. This indeed turns up the volume. Note that this will also change the volume of any speaker(s) you have paired with this one, such as with another Echo Studio in a stereo pair, or a sub woofer.
Furthermore, this slider control lets you set the volume in one-percent increments from zero to a hundred percent.
Next, to lower the volume, simply slide the control to the left, as shown next. In this demo, we lowered the volume to 25 percent.
Finally, you can also adjust the volume of the alarms, notifications, and timers via the Alexa app on your mobile device. This volume setting is separate and independent of the media and Alexa voice volume setting we described above, and that control is located in the Sounds menu on the Device Settings page.
Related Posts to How to Adjust Volume on Echo Studio
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Flip 2 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Turn Volume Up and Down
- Adjusting Volume on JBL Clip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Adjust Volume on UE Wonderboom Speaker Instructions
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Charge 3 Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 BT Speaker How to Adjust Volume
Other Posts About the Echo Studio Amazon Smart Speaker
- How to Connect Echo Studio to WiFi Network
- Alexa Echo Studio Setup Instructions
- How to Reset Alexa Echo Studio, Hard Factory Reset
- Echo Studio Buttons Guide, Meanings Functions Codes
- How to Adjust Bass and Treble on Echo Studio Speaker
References for How to Adjust Volume on the Echo Studio Alexa Speaker
- 2020-09-09: First released.