This post demonstrates pairing JBL Clip 3 waterproof Bluetooth speaker with iOS devices, including the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad line of Apple phones, media players, and tablets.
How to Pair JBL Clip 3 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker with iOS Devices
With your JBL Clip 3 powered off (power button is dark), run through this routine to pair it to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch iOS mobile device. We’re using an iPad Air tablet for this demo.
1. Navitate to the Home Screen on your iOS Device
Press the Home button to reveal the mobile iOS device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the iOS home screen on our iPad Air running iOS 11.3.1, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Tap the Settings app icon.
The iOS device then displays the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to Bluetooth Settings
Our Bluetooth settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since JBL Clip 3 speaker is currently powered OFF (is not in Bluetooth discovery mode), it does not show up in the Bluetooth devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired our Clip 3 with the iPad Air before. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
Turn on the Clip 3 by quickly pressing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up, and its status lamp slowly blinks white. This means that it’s ready to receive a Bluetooth connection request.
But since our iPad does not know about this speaker, the Clip 3 will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put your JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth Speaker into Bluetooth Discovery Mode
Now, to see your JBL Clip 3 speaker on your iOS device, place the speaker into Bluetooth discovery mode. To do that, press and release the Bluetooth button. Find this button as shown in the next picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
When you press the Bluetooth Discovery Mode button, the Clip 3 makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, the status lamp changes from a slow flashing white fast flashing white. See this next, as pointed at by the green arrow.
7. Find your JBL Clip 3 Speaker on your iOS Device
See the screen shot next. We found our Clip 3, as pointed at by the green arrow.
8. Pair with your JBL Clip 3 Waterproof Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth devices list.
Your iOS device then pairs with the Clip 3.
The iOS device’s Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following. Note the now-connected JBL Flip 3 entry, as pointed at by the green arrows in the next screenshot.
We have now successfully paired our JBL Clip 3 Waterproof Bluetooth speaker with our iPad Air iOS device.
- How to Pair the Victor Reader Trek Talking GPS eBook Player with Google Home Bluetooth Smart Speakers
- JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth Speaker Reset Button Location
- How to Pair Victor Reader Trek Player with a Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing Victor Reader Trek with JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth Speaker, How To
- JBL Clip 3 Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Picture Gallery
- 2018-06-05: First published.