These JBL Clip 3 reset instructions show you how to factory hard reset your JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth speaker to its default settings. Note though, that this is not currently possible, as the Clip 3 seems to not support hard resetting, factory resetting, or any other kind of reset. But one day, we hope it will. Plus, we hope that if JBL eventually offers a factory default reset option on the Clip 3, that it will work as described next.
So, resetting would restore this Clip 3 speaker to factory default state. Factory resetting erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops the Clip 3 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the reset. Also, you might reset your JBL Bluetooth speaker to get it ready for sale or regifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
JBL Clip 3 Reset Instructions
1. Turn on the JBL Clip 3 Portable Speaker
Press and hold the power button until the status lamp lights up and the guitar strum sound plays.
Find the power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Guitar Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. The JBL Clip 3 is ready for use after this sound finishes. It may or may not pair with a device, depending on whether there are any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the Clip. Whether paired or not, we’d design the factory reset to work the same way, as follows.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together
Find the Play / Pause and UP Volume buttons. The Play / Pause button is in the middle, and the Volume UP button is on the right, as circled in the next picture.
The Clip 3 would then enter hard reset. The status lamp would blink white and red a few times.
Then after a short pause, the JBL Clip 3 would turn off. The status lamp would go dark, and the speaker would make the power-down guitar sound. See how the speaker status lamp might change during reset in the following pictures.
Then, the status light might blink red, as shown next.
Finally, the status lamp would go out (dark), as highlighted in the next picture.
4. Check that your JBL Clip 3 Wireless Speaker Did Indeed Hard Reset
Next, power on the Clip 3 again, as described in step 1 above.
Note that after a factory default reset, our speaker would come up in ready-to-pair mode. Note that ready-for-pairing mode is not the same as Bluetooth discovery mode. This speaker does not automatically go into discovery mode. To get that, you must press the Bluetooth button.
At any rate, once powered on, the Clip 3 status lamp slowly blinks white when the speaker waits for pairing.
When the Power button slow-blinks white, the Clip 3 is not currently paired. Indeed, we expect it would not pair to anything after a reset, even in-range devices after a factory reset.
The JBL Clip 3 fantasy reset is now finished. So you may now sell or gift it, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a hard reset, the speaker would no longer automatically connect with any previously paired Bluetooth device that is in range and in Bluetooth pairing more. Thus, to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, you would manually pair the Clip 3 with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing would automatically take place once more.
- Charge JBL 3 Hard Reset Instructions
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Instructions, How to Reset Speaker
- Pairing JBL Clip 3 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker with iOS Devices, iPhone, iPad, and iPod
- How to Hard Reset Google Home Mini Instructions
- Factory Reset UE Wonderboom Speaker, How To
- How to Change JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth Speaker Name, Someday Perhaps
- Pairing JBL Clip 3 with Amazon Echo Dot Speakers, How To
- JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth Speaker Reset Button Location
- Factory Reset Echo Spot Instructions, How to Factory Reset
- How to Reset Echo Alexa Smart Speakers
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions, How to Factory Reset the JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Hard Reset Google Home Smart Speaker
- JBL Go Hard Factory Reset Instructions for JBL Go and Go 2 Speakers
- 2019-03-31: Added some tags.
- 2018-06-08: First published.