These JBL Clip 3 reset instructions show you how to reset your JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth speaker to its default settings. Resetting restores the Clip 3 to factory default state. Plus, it clears any prior paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Erasing these stops the Clip 3 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after reset. Also, you might reset to get the unit ready for sale or re gifting, or to stop it from connecting with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
JBL Clip 3 Reset Instructions
1. Turn on the JBL Clip 3 Portable Speaker
Press and hold the Power button until the status lamp lights up and the guitar strum sound plays.
First, find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Guitar Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. Then, the 3 is ready for reset after this sound finishes. It may or may not pair with a device, depending on whether there are any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the Clip. Whether paired or not, the factory reset works the same way, as follows.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together
Find the Play / Pause and UP Volume buttons. The Play / Pause button is in the middle, and the Volume UP button is on the right, as circled in the next picture.
The speaker then enters hard factory reset. Then after a short pause, the JBL Clip 3 turns off. The status lamp goes dark, and the speaker makes the power-down guitar sound. See how the speaker status lamp changes during reset in the following pictures.
Finally, the status lamp goes out (dark), as highlighted in the next picture.
4. Check that your JBL Clip 3 Speaker Did Indeed Reset
Next, power on the Clip 3 again, as we detail in step 1 above.
Note that after a reset, our speaker comes up in Bluetooth pairing / discovery mode. The status lamp fast flashes white to tell us this, and you should now be able to see the speaker in a Bluetooth source device when connecting to it.
5. Done with JBL Clip 3 Reset !
The JBL Clip 3 reset is now finished. So you may now sell or gift it, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a reset, the speaker no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device that is in range and in Bluetooth pairing more. Thus, to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, you have to manually pair the Clip 3 with a device. Finally, after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing would automatically take place once more.
Other Posts About the JBL Clip 3 Speaker
- JBL Clip 3 Charging Instructions, Step by Step
- How to Pair JBL Clip 3 with Google Home Speakers
- JBL Clip 3 Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Picture Gallery
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Clip 3 Speaker Review, Features
Related Posts to JBL Clip 3 Reset
- JBL Flip 5 Reset Instructions to Solve Many Problems
- Echo Sub Reset Instructions
- Reset HP DeskJet 3630 Printer Instructions
- JBL Xtreme Reset Instructions
- Resetting Google Home Mini Speaker Instructions
References for JBL Clip 3 Reset Instructions
- 2020-04-20: Added more tags.
- 2019-03-31: Added some tags.
- 2018-06-08: First published.