This post gives JBL Clip 3 pairing instructions These work when pairing with the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad line of Apple phones, media players, and tablets. However, similar procedures work for Android devices as well.
JBL Clip 3 Pairing Instructions
First, with your JBL Clip 3 powered off (power button is dark), run through this routine to pair it to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch iOS mobile device. Furthermore, we’re using an iPad Air tablet for this demo.
1. Get to the Home Screen on your iOS Device
Press the Home button to reveal the mobile iOS device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the iOS home screen on our iPad Air, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Next, tap the Settings app icon.
The device then shows the first page of its Settings page, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to Bluetooth Settings to Continue with JBL Clip 3 Pairing
Our Bluetooth settings screen then displays as follows. Note that Bluetooth is enabled here. But since JBL Clip 3 speaker is currently powered OFF (is not in Bluetooth discovery mode), it does not show up in the Bluetooth Devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired our Clip 3 with this tablet before. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Clip 3 Speaker
Power up the Clip 3 by fast pressing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up, and its status lamp slowly blinks white. This means that it’s ready to receive a Bluetooth connection request.
But since our tablet does not know about this speaker, the Clip 3 will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put your JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth Speaker into Bluetooth Pairing Mode
Now, to see your JBL Clip 3 speaker on your iOS device, place the speaker into Bluetooth discovery mode. To do that, press and release the Bluetooth button. Find this button as shown in the next picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
When you press the Bluetooth Discovery Mode button, the Clip 3 makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, the status lamp changes from a slow flashing white fast flashing white. See this next, as pointed at by the green arrow.
7. Find your Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with JBL Clip 3 Pairing
See the screen shot next. We found our Clip 3, as pointed at by the green arrow.
8. Pair with your JBL Clip 3
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth devices list.
Your device then pairs with the Clip 3.
The tablet’s Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following. Note the now-connected JBL Clip 3 entry, as pointed at by the green arrows in the next screenshot.
9. Done with JBL Clip 3 Pairing Instructions !
We have now successfully paired our JBL Clip 3 speaker with our tablet.
Other Posts About the JBL Clip 3 Speaker
- JBL Clip 3 Reset Button Location, Where Is It?
- Pairing JBL Clip 3 with iOS Devices, iPhone, iPad
- JBL Clip 3 Specs, Specifications for this Speaker
- Pairing JBL Clip 3 with Echo Dot Speakers
- JBL Clip 3 Reset Instructions, How to Hard Factory Reset JBL Clip 3 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to JBL Clip 3 Pairing Instructions
- Ultimate Ears Speaker Pairing Instructions
- UE Wonderboom Pairing Instructions
- Pairing Victor Reader Trek with JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth Speaker, How To
- Google Home Mini Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
References for JBL Clip 3 Pairing Instructions
- 2020-04-20: Added tags.
- 2019-03-18: Fixed some typos.
- 2019-03-13: First posted.