This post shows how to pair the Sony SRS X11 Bluetooth cube speaker with an iPhone, or other iOS or iPadOS based device.
How to Pair Sony SRS X11 to iPhone
With your SRS X11 switched OFF (status lamp is dark), run through these directions to pair it to your iPhone mobile device.
1. Go to the Home Screen on your Device
Firstly, press the Home button to bring up the smart device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, tap the Settings app icon.
The smart device then shows the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with How to Pair the Sony SRS X11 to an iPhone
Our Bluetooth Settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is running here.
But since our SRS X11 is currently shut OFF (is not in Bluetooth pairing mode), it does not show up in the BT devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with our iOS device before.
5. Turn On your Sony SRS X11
Turn on the SRS X11 by quickly pressing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the yellow arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up, and its status lamp glows white, as seen in the next picture.
Also, that same light will blink in some pattern if it does not connect to a nearby device. This indicates that the SRS X11 is ready to receive a Bluetooth pairing request.
If it blinks slowly, then it’s passively waiting for a Bluetooth connection request to come in.
But if it quickly blinks, then it’s broadcasting its pairing information over Bluetooth so other devices can find it. I.e. The speaker is in pairing mode in this case.
Moreover, since our test iPhone does not know about this speaker, the SRS X11 will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put the Speaker into BT Pairing Mode
Now, to see this speaker on your iPhone, place it into Bluetooth pairing mode if it’s not in that mode already. To do that, press the Power-Pairing button, and release when the unit beeps, and the Status lamp starts fast flashing white.
Find the Power-Pairing button as shown above, pointed at by the green arrow.
7. Find the Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with How to Pair Sony SRS X11 to iPhone
See the screen shot next. We found our SRS X11, as we point out with the green arrow.
8. Pair with your SRS X11
Tap the listed speaker in the discovered devices list.
Your mobile device then pairs with the SRS X11.
I.e. The the mobile device’s Bluetooth Settings screen might then change to look something like the last screenshot. Note the now-paired Sony SRS X11 entry, as pointed at by the green arrow.
9. Done with How to Pair Sony SRS X11 to iPhone !
At last, we have now successfully paired our SRS X11 BT cube speaker with an iPhone like device.
Other Posts About the Sony Sony Cube SRS X11 Speaker
- How to Test Sony SRS X11 Battery Capacity
- How to Charge Sony SRS X11 Cube Speaker
- Sony SRS X11 Recharge Time for Full Charging
- SRS X11 Sony Cube Speaker Bluetooth Pairing Directions
- Sony SRS X11 Replacement Charger Type
Related Posts to How to Pair Sony SRS X11 to an iPhone
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB01 to iPhone
- Pairing the Sony SRS XB41 with an iPhone
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB33 to iPhone
- Pairing the Sony SRS XB32 Speaker to an iPhone
- How to Pair a Sony SRS XB31 with iPhone
References for How to Pair Sony SRS X11 to an iPhone
- 2022-08-20: First published.