This post explains how to pair the Sony SRS XB10 Extra Bass wireless speaker with an Android or Apple mobile device via Bluetooth.
How to Pair Sony SRS XB10 Speaker
With your XB10 powered off (status lamp is dark), run through this routine to pair it with your mobile device.
1. Bring up the Home Screen on your Source Device
Firstly, press the Home button or swipe up to get to the Home screen. The technique differs depending on which device you have.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen on an iPad Air, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, tap the Settings app icon.
The device then displays the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to Bluetooth Settings to Continue with How to Pair Sony SRS XB10
The Bluetooth settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since our SRSXB10 speaker is currently powered OFF and not in discovery mode, it does not show up in the BT devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with this tablet before, it should not appear here. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, shown next.
5. Turn On your Sony SRS XB10 Speaker
Next, turn on the XB10 by quickly pressing its Power button. See this pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up.
But since an iPhone does not know about this speaker if never paired to it before, the XB10 will not link with it automatically. Thus the status light pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture either blinks fast or slow therefore, and this denotes this not-paired state.
6. Put your XB10 into Pairing Mode
Now to see this speaker on your tablet / phone, place it into Bluetooth discovery mode. To do that, press and hold in the Power-Pairing button, as shown above until you hear two high beeps, and the status lamp starts fast-blinking white.
7. Find your Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with How to Pair Sony SRS XB10 BT Speaker
See the screen shot next. We found our test speaker, as we point at with the green arrow.
8. Pair with the Sony SRS XB10
Then, tap the listed speaker in the Devices list.
Your source device then pairs with the XB10.
Next, the Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following. The green arrows show the Sony SRS XB10 now paired.
9. Done with How to Pair Sony SRS XB10 !
At last, we have now successfully linked our XB10 wireless speaker with typical mobile Bluetooth device.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB10 Extra Bass Speaker
- How to Check Sony SRS XB10 Battery Life
- Sony SRS XB10 Charging Instructions
- How to Factory Reset Sony SRS XB10 Speaker
- Sony SRS XB10 Buttons Explained
- How to Turn Off the Sony SRS XB10 Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to How to Pair Sony SRS XB10
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB21 Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing the Sony SRS XB22 Wireless Speaker
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB23 Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing Sony SRS XB33 Speaker
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB41 Wireless Speaker
References for How to Pair Sony SRS XB10 Extra Bass Speaker
- 2021-09-25: First published.