This post shows how to pair the Sony SRS XB32 Extra Bass wireless speaker by way of Bluetooth to common mobile devices. E.g. These include the Apple and Android phones, media players, and tablets.
How to Pair Sony SRS XB32
With your SRS XB32 powered OFF (power button is dark), run through these directions to pair it to your source BT mobile device. We’re using an iPad Air tablet for this demo.
1. Go to the Home Screen on your Source Device
Firstly, press the Home button to reveal the smart device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
Secondly, we find ours on the second page of the Home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, touch the Settings app icon.
The smart device then shows the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with How to Pair Sony SRS XB32
Our Bluetooth Settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since our XB32 is currently OFF (is not in Bluetooth pairing mode), it does not appear in the Bluetooth devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with this tablet before.
5. Turn On your Sony SRX XB32 Speaker
Turn on the speaker by quickly pressing its Power-Pairing button. See this, pointed at by the cyan arrow, in the next picture.
The unit then powers up, and its status lamp glows white, as seen in the next picture.
But since our tablet does not know about this speaker, the SRS XB32 will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put the XB32 into Pairing Mode
Now, to see your speaker on your device, place it into Bluetooth discovery / pairing mode. So to do that, press and hold the Power-Pairing button, and release when you hear the speaker announce, “Bluetooth pairing,” in a lady’s voice. Find the Power-Pairing button as pictured above.
In addition to the voice announcement, the Bluetooth Status lamp begins flashing fast blue.
7. Find the Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with How to Pair Sony SRS XB32
See the screen shot next. We found our XB32, as pointed at by the yellow arrow.
8. Now Pair with the XB32
Tap the listed speaker in the discovered devices list.
Your mobile device then pairs with this Bluetooth speaker.
E.g. The the mobile device’s Bluetooth Settings screen might then change to look something like the following. Note the now-connected SRS XB21 entry, as pointed at by the green arrows in the next screenshot.
9. Done with How to Pair the Sony SRS XB32 Bluetooth Speaker !
At last, we have now successfully paired the XB 32 BT with with a common mobile tablet device.
Related Posts to How to Pair the Sony SRS XB32
- How to Pair Sony SRS X11 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB01 Bluetooth Speaker
- Sony SRS XB10 BT Speaker, How to Pair
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB21 Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing the Sony SRS XB22 Wireless Speaker
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB32 Speaker
- How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB32 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Turn Off Lights on the XB32
- Testing XB32 Battery Life
- How to Tell if the XB32 is Charging
References for How to Pair Sony SRS XB32 Wireless Speaker
- 2021-09-28: First published.