To pair the Flip 5 JBL speaker with a Bluetooth source device for the first time, or to revise the connection information stored on that device, you must know how to kick off pairing mode on the speaker.
In this mode, the Flip 5 sends out its Bluetooth name and current linkage data over the BT airwaves. So in this post, we show you how to put the JBL Flip 5 speaker into pairing mode, so you can join it to phones, tablets, computers, and smart speakers.
How to Put JBL Flip 5 Portable Speaker into Pairing Mode
1. Turn On the Flip 5
Firstly, turn on the speaker by rapidly pressing its Power button.
For example, see this button, pointed at by the bright green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on, as pictured next.
2. Press the Pairing / Discovery Mode Button and Release when the Power Button Starts Flashing
Secondly, to be able to discover your speaker on your source Bluetooth device, place it into pairing mode. For that, press and release the the Pairing button, as circled in the next picture.
Now when you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes a plucking guitar pairing sound. Plus, the Pairing button lamp begins fast-flashing white. See this in the last picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
3. Done with How to Put JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker into Pairing Mode
Finally, while the Pairing button is blinking, you should be able to see your JBL Flip 5 on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, that is within several feet of it, as shown next. Our speaker here is named “Tom’s Flip 5”, although if you haven’t renamed yours, it will show up as “JBL Flip 5”.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Buttons Explained, Codes, Meaning, Functions
- JBL Flip 5 Review of this Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Rename JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Lights
- How to Pair JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to How to Put JBL Flip 5 Speaker Into Pairing Mode
- How to Put JBL Charge 4 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put Ultimate Ears Wonderboom in Pairing Mode
- Putting JBL Xtreme in Pairing Mode, Xtreme 1
- How to Put JBL Clip 2 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put JBL Flip 3 in Pairing Mode
References for How to Put JBL Flip 5 into Pairing Mode
- 2020-08-15: First published.