This speaker comes equipped with a set of white party LED lights that, by default, flash and pulsate in all sorts of colors to the beat of whatever you play on the speaker. But occasionally you may not want a party atmosphere. E.g. Like when you want to play the speaker while drifting off to sleep or during the day in a bright area, where you can’t see the lights anyhow. So we show here how to turn off the Sony SRS XB22 lights for just these situations.
To turn off the lights, you need to find the LIGHT-BATT button. We find this control on the back of the speaker, inside the ports compartment, as we see in the next picture.
How to Turn Sony SRS XB22 Party Lights OFF, Step by Step
These lamps, which illuminate the plastic bars on front top and bottom of the unit display their light show by default. They work either when fresh out of the box, or after a hard reset. To shut them off, do as follows…
- Open the port compartment cap at the rear of the speaker with a coin or dull butter knife.
- You can turn these lights off by pressing and holding for three seconds the LIGHT-BATT button inside that compartment. Doing so may save some battery power, especially when you don’t really need to waste any on running these lamps. E.g. Like when playing the speaker in daylight or in a bright room where the lights would be harder to see anyway. In the next picture, we show what the XB22 looks like with its lights OFF.
Then when you want to turn them back on again, simply repeat what you did above. I.e. Press and hold in the LIGHT-BATT button for three seconds. At that point, the party lamps will resume their usual pulsating, brightening, and dimming.
Related Posts to How to Turn Off the Lights on the Sony SRS XB22 Speaker
Other Posts About this Speaker
- How to Tell if Sony SRS XB22 is Charging
- Putting the Sony SRS XB22 Speaker into Pairing Mode
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB22 Bluetooth Speaker
- Hard Resetting the Sony SRS XB22 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Make Sony SRS XB22 Discoverable
- 2021-09-27: First published.