The HP Deskjet 3630 ink cartridge for HP 3630 printers, are the HP 63 units. This printer uses one black ink cartridge (left), and one tri-color cartridge (right). Note that both cartridges carry the same number (HP 63).
HP 3630 Ink Cartridge Labeling
Ink Cartridge Bag Labeling
The label on the black ink cartridge says the following. HP Invent N9J07A HP 63, Made in Malaysia, 4K4. Setup Black Cartridge. Not For Sale. MYS1 1B0300 160913 0622.
And, the label on the tri-color cartridge bag says the following. HP Invent, N9K12A HP 63, Made in Malaysia, 4TN. Setup H Tri-color Cartridge. Not For Sale. MYS2 1B0300 1B0925 0627.
HP DeskJet 3630 Ink Cartridge Case Labeling
The black cartridge has a black top. There’s a sticker on its top that says the following. HP 63 Black, Intended for single use only, Setup Cartridge, N9J07A. Furthermore, the Do-Not-Dispose-of icon (the trashcan with the X through it) appears at the bottom of the sticker.
Also, the tri-color cartridge has a raspberry-colored top. It also has a sticker that says the following. HP 63, Intended for single use only, Keep out of reach of children, Tri-color Setup H Cartridge, N9K12A. It also sports the Please-recycle icon.
HP DeskJet 3630 Ink Cartridge Safe Handling Precautions
- Leave in bags until ready to install. Do not remove the cartridges from their anti-static bags until moments before installing them into the printer. Why? Because these units contain sensitive electronic parts, keep them bagged until ready to install. Indeed, static charges could destroy them when left outside of the bag too long before installing. So do not remove them from bags until ready to use them.
- Keep ink nozzles covered! Also, do not remove the protective tape on the ink nozzles until you can install them right then. Leaving them open for too long can dry out the ink inside, and clog the nozzles. So, it’s best not to remove these tape strips, as pictured next, until you’ve already removed the old cartridges.
- Never force cartridge into the printer. During installation, they should easily snap into place with light pressure from a single index finger. If you must apply more force, then remove it and try again.
When buying these cartridges, ask for an HP 63 cartridge set.
- HP DeskJet 3630 Factory Reset, How To
- How to Install HP DeskJet 3630 Series Wireless Printer
- HP DeskJet 3630 Series Wireless Printer Setup Instructions
- How to Replace Empty Ink Cartridges in HP 3630 Series DeskJet Printer
- HP MFP M477 Color Laserjet Pro Printer Pictures
- 2018-03-16: Updated the title and post contents.
- 2017-01-22: Originally published.