We examine the iWorld Sonic Earbuds with Microphone in this iWorld earbuds review. Once again, an offering like this has dubbed iWorld as a provider of highly affordable, decent over all quality accessory products for the iPhone/iPad and MP3 player markets.
Many consider iWorld buds and earphones an acceptable alternative to the much more pricey, yet generally better performing offerings from Apple, Skullcandy, and JBL et al. These are among the best communications grade headsets, but among the worst sounding in-ear monitors we’ve ever tested.
As cheap ear buds though, you cannot beat the quality per dollar you get here, as is typical with most iWorld brand accessories. The quality is enough to be reasonably functional, but the price is low enough that you need not fear breaking them, using them out in the weather, and simply just being careless with them.
Buds like these make a great first-pair of headphones for the very young, novice listener / phone user. Make sure your youngster won’t destroy these, before advancing him to better-sounding, higher-priced models.
iWorld Sonic Earbuds Benefits, Features, Pros, and Advantages
Very cheap; less than $15. Bought ours for $5 at Gabriel Brothers.
Reliable 3.5 mm Connector
Gold plated audio connection plug; surprising for buds that cost so little.
Flat ribbon cable that reduces tangling incidents, which is nice and long also, at nearly four feet from the gold plug tip to buds.
These iWorld Sonic Earbuds Have Non Resonant Housing
The microphone and earbuds are made of a hard plastic that does not appear to color the sound appreciably.
Flexible strain relief provided at the plug end of the wire.
Supports hands-free mobile phone conversations by way of the inline microphone. The mic dangles near your mouth while wearing these particular iWorrld earbuds, and so, requires no hands to hold it. It picks up your voice with even better clarity than if you held your cell phone up to your mouth.
Remote Control Button on Microphone
The mic also includes a play/pause answer/hang up button.
The iWorld Sonic Earbuds Support about All Phones and Media Players
Works with iPod, iPad, iPhone, Galaxy, and most Android devices.
Closed Air Design
No vents at the rear of each earbud. This cuts noise entry from outside, and also reduces escape of noise inside to the outside. You can listen loud, without bothering people near to you, much.
The thicker than usual cable, larger earphones, microphone, and easy-grip plug look like they could stand up to rough service. Again, another quality not expected in such a bargain-basement priced set of ear buds.
In fact, the very presence of the mic gives us pause, wondering how they could build such a feature-rich yet cheap product.
Best for Speech
Great for hands-free cell phone chats. The audio response seems to suit phone talks best. The built-in mic, callers report, sounds quite clear.
Full Bass on the iWorld Sonic Earbuds
Handles bass music frequencies quite well. No rattling, buzzing, clicking, or distortion noted at moderate to loud listening levels.
Produces Plenty of Volume
For the frequencies that these produce, the 10 millimeter drivers are highly efficient. The powerful magnets inside make this possible.
Instruction manual and three sizes of ear inserts included.
The Hugo of Earbuds
Limited in great sound. But the iWorld Sonic earbuds are decent for how little they cost.
The iWorld Sonic Earbuds are Available in Different Colors
We’ve seen the bright pink (like ours), and black so far.
Replaceable Ear Inserts
These driver units are of a pretty standard size so that the inserts from other iWorld earbud sets as well as from other brands, fit this set well.
iWorld Sonic Earbuds Disadvantages, Cons, Problems, and Limitations
No Volume Control
Lousy Fidelity for Music
If you’re “all about the base,” and, “no treble,” then you’ll like how iWorld Sonic earbuds sound. But if you like an all-inclusive, full MP3 musical response, then steer clear of these earbuds.
In Ear Design
The ends of the buds touch the eardrum when fully inserted; a rather intimate audio plug to be sure.
The iWorld Sonic Earbuds Have No Microphone Strain Relief
No flexible strain relief provided for the cables at the entrances to the mic unit, or the earbuds themselves. This may not be a serious problem though, as the cables are highly flexible. Indeed, they may need no strain relief at all. Time will tell.
The buds do not stay securely in the ears for long. While the greater mass of the cables and parts establishes this product as among the more durable headphones, the added weight can also lead to frequent dislodging of the buds. We often must reach up and press and twist them in again. Using the largest provided inserts however, minimizes this irritating problem.
Earbud Body Too Long
Our ears are rather shallow. So even when fully inserted, the stems of the iWorld Sonic earbuds protrude a bit too much. This can cause them to fall out often. So, these would be a bad choice for sports applications, as a mere few minutes of jogging would jog them loose.
No Carrying Pouch
But you could use the original packaging if you really needed one.
iWorld Sonic Earbuds Specifications Specs
- Ear bud driver size: 10 mm.
- Frequency Response: 20 – 20,000 Hz. (Skeptical of this.)
- Impedance: 32 ohms.
- Plug: 3.5 mm.
- Sensitivity: 108 DB.
- Cord length: 47.2 inches.
Our Rating for iWorld Sonic Earbuds
As hands-free buds for cell phone use, we consider these iWorld Sonic earbuds with microphone, top-of-the-line in their price range. Indeed, earbuds like this increase the pleasure of writing earphones reviews like this, particularly whenever we discover such a great value earphone set.
But we’d not recommend this headset for even casual music listening. Indeed, the discerning audiophile would certainly laugh at the poor high frequency clarity.
But for a discount price of $5, we expected no more than this tier of quality. Clearly, this product was designed for the cell phone user and not the picky iPod music customer.
So over all, we’d rate these iWorld Sonic earbuds at 90 out of 100. If you really can’t abide the medium-to-low sound quality here, at least you’ll have some high quality ear insert cushion pads for cheap. These you can use on more expensive headphones. We had lost an insert from a $50 pair of buds, and found that one of the extras from this set fit them well.
Where to Buy iWorld Sonic Earbuds with Microphone
Look for these iWorld Sonic earbuds in the white box with vibrant pink lettering and backing at many discount shops. But we’ve not seen any iWorld products at Walmart or Radio Shack. So iWorld items can be hard to find. We found ours at the Gabriel Brothers discount store here in Altoona, PA.
Related Posts to iWorld Sonic Earbuds
- iWorld iPhone iPod Car Charger Review
- Skullcandy Supreme Sound Fix Mic3 S3FXDM-209 Earbuds Review
- Auvio 3300352 Earbuds Review, Element Headphones
- iWorld Earbuds, Stealth Sound Headphones Review
- Apple Earpods Earbuds Earphones for iPod iPhone Review
- Koss Earbuds KEB30K Review
- Philips SHQ3000 Earbuds Earhook Headphones Review
- iWorld Earbuds, Matrix Neons with Mic, Review
- Skullcandy Fix Earbuds S3FXDM-209 Review
- Auvio 3300465 Kids Earbuds Review
- iWorld Matrix Neons Earbuds with Mic Headset Review
- Sony MDR EX10LP Make Believe Earbuds Review
- Auvio 3300271 Earbuds, Pearl Buds Review
- Skullcandy Ink’d Earbuds S2IKDZ-003 Review
- Philips SHS3200 Earbuds Review
- Bose QC15 Noise Cancelling Headphones Review
- Sony MDR 7506 Headphones Review, Studio Monitor
- Stereo Headphones Reviews, Earphones, Earbuds
- Sony MDR 7509HD Professional Headphones Review
- Bose Wave Music System First Generation Review
- OtterBox Defender Case Review for iPad Air and Mini
- Koss Tech 2 Headphones Review, Vintage Stereo
- Stanley Food Jar 24 Oz Review, Classic Vacuum Flask
- IXCC 6 Foot Lightning Cable Review, MFi Certified
- Belkin Lightning USB Cable Cord, 1.2M, 4 Ft Review
- Best Ear Plugs for Sleeping, Mighty Plugs Ear Plugs!
- Sony MDR V700 Headphones Review, Dynamic Stereo
- iEdge Lightning USB Cable Glitter Series E-380 Review
References for this iWorld Sonic Earbuds Review
- 2019-05-31: Tuned the targeting for ‘iWorld Sonic Earbuds’ and added more links and tags.
- 2019-02-17: Added keyword targeting and more subheadings.
- 2017-01-15: Changed this article’s title to: iWorld Earbuds, Sonic Series, with Mic Review
- 2015-12-17: Added more appropriate tags.
- 2015-10-06: Added appropriate tags.
- 2015-01-26: Rearranged tag assignments.
- 2015-01-10: Revised content.
- 2014-12-15: Tweaked content.
- 2014-12-09: Revised content, adjusted ad placement, and added whitespace for greater clarity.
- 2014-09-20: Added pictures.