You can adjust the bass response of the JBL Charge 4, by turning on and off its low frequency mode. Thus, when ON, this mode makes the passive bass radiators vibrate a lot more. Further, low frequency mode adds a decidedly “thumpy” quality to the content playing, that makes this speaker sound much bigger than it actually is.
How to Toggle JBL Charge 4 Low Frequency Mode
First off, by default, this BT speaker has its bass mode turned on. Furthermore, this adds a bit of extra treble and lots of extra bass to the audio output.
How to Toggle JBL Charge 4 Low Frequency Mode Off and On
You can turn this extra bass mode off by pressing and holding in the Volume Down (-) and Bluetooth buttons for about ten seconds. Plus, you keep holding them until the oval ring around the buttons lights up, as shown in the next picture. E.g. Find these buttons on the top of the speaker, as shown in the picture above.
Also, to turn extra bass mode back on, again, press and hold the Volume Down and Bluetooth buttons in until the oval button ring lights up again. Then release the buttons when you see that. Finally, when the ring goes off, low frequency mode has been activated once again.
Other Posts About the JBL Charge 4 Waterproof Speaker
- Charge 4 BT Speaker Buttons Guide, What Each Button Does
- How to Pair Charge 4 with Alexa Echo Speakers
- Charge 4 Buttons Guide, What Each Button Does
- JBL Charge 4 Speaker Charger Adapter Specs
- Updating Firmware on Charge 4, How To
Related Posts to JBL Charge 4 Low Frequency Mode
- Updating Firmware on JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker, How To, Via JBL Connect Plus App
- Echo Dot 3 Buttons and Ports Guide, Layout, Purpose, How to Use
- JBL Go Buttons Guide, What Each Button Does on Go and Go 2 Speakers
- Amazon Echo Spot Buttons, Ports, Guide, How to Use, Help
- UE Wonderboom Buttons Guide, How to Use Them
- 2020-04-28: First published.