These JBL Flip 3 reset instructions show you how to factory reset your JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth speaker to its default settings. Resetting restores this speaker to factory default state. Factory default resetting erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops the Flip 3 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the reset. Also, you might reset your speaker to get it ready for sale or re gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
JBL Flip 3 Reset Instructions
1. Turn on the JBL Flip 3
Press and hold the power button until it lights up.
Find the power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button lights up along with the battery power scale, as shown next. In our case, since we’ve paired the speaker with Bluetooth devices before this, it does not enter Bluetooth discovery mode. We know that because the Power button is glows solid gray, rather than blinking blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The Flip 3 makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. The JBL Flip is ready for use after this sound ends.
3. Press the Volume UP and Phone Buttons Together
See the next picture to find the Phone and UP Volume buttons.
The JBL Flip 3 then runs its factory reset routine, as shown in the next picture. Note that all lamps light up for a couple seconds as the hard reset takes effect. Shown next.
Then after a short pause, the JBL Flip 3 turns off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Check that your JBL Flip 3 Did Reset
Next, power on the Flip 3 again, as described in step 1 above. Press and release the Power button, as shown in the previous picture.
Now this time, after reset, our speaker comes up in Bluetooth discovery mode, as shown next. Note that the Power button blinks blue to denote this, as shown in the next picture. When it blinks blue or shows as solid white, the Flip 3 is not currently paired. indeed, we expect it not to pair to anything after a reset.
5. Done with JBL Flip 3 Reset !
The JBL Flip 3 reset is now finished. You may now pack it up for sale, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices. The speaker will no longer automatically connect with any previously paired Bluetooth device that is in range and in Bluetooth pairing more. To restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, manually pair the Flip 3 with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with automatically take place once more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to Reset JBL Flip 3 Speaker?
Follow the instructions above in this post to reset the Flip 3 to factory default state.
How to Start JBL Flip 3?
How to Switch on JBL Flip 3?
When the speaker is OFF, quickly press and release the power button, as shown in the next picture. This switches the Flip 3 on, and the unit powers up fully several seconds after that.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 3
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 3 Charging Indicator Shows How Full Battery Is
- How to Pair JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 to Google Home
- JBL Flip 3 Firmware Update Instructions
- How to Charge JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 with Victor Reader Trek
- How to Tell if JBL Flip 3 is Charging
- JBL Flip 3 Low Frequency Mode, How to Turn On
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 with iPhone. iPad, iPod, iOS
- JBL Flip 3 Specs, Specifications for this Speaker
- Flip 3 JBL Review of this Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 3 Change Name, How to Rename JBL Speaker
- Updating Firmware on JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 3 Buttons Guide, What Each Button Does
- Where is the JBL Flip 3 Reset Button Located
- Charging JBL Flip 3 Instructions for Fully Recharging
- Finding JBL Flip 3 Firmware Version
- JBL Flip 3 Charging Instructions for Longest Battery Life
Related Posts to JBL Flip 3 Reset Instructions
- Echo Sub Reset Instructions
- Reset HP DeskJet 3630 Printer Instructions
- JBL Xtreme Reset Instructions
- Resetting Google Home Mini Speaker Instructions
- Amazon Dot 2 Reset Instructions
- Reset Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostat Instructions
- JBL Flip 2 Reset Instructions to Solve Speaker Problems
- Reset UE Roll Speaker Instructions
- UE Wonderboom Reset Instructions
- Reset WiFi on Netgear WNCE2001 Internet Adapter
- Reset Echo Spot to Factory Settings, How To
- JBL Clip 3 Reset Instructions
- Reset Chromecast Audio to Factory Settings, How To
- JBL Charge 4 Speaker Reset Instructions
- Echo Dot 3rd Generation Reset Instructions
- JBL Charge 3 Reset Instructions to Fix Speaker Problems
- Reset Honeywell Thermostat RTH8580WF Instructions
- Honeywell RTH9580WF Thermostat Reset Instructions
- Reset iPod Video Apple Player Instructions
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Instructions
- Belkin Wireless Extender Reset Instructions
- Netgear WNCE2001 Reset Instructions
- Reset Echo Spot WiFi, How To Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions
- Reset Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker Instructions
- Alexa Echo Dot Reset Instructions
- Reset Harman Kardon Invoke Speaker Instructions
- iPod Nano 3 Reset Instructions
- Reset Belkin N600 F9K1122 Extender Booster Repeater Instructions
- Belkin Range Extender Reset Instructions, F9K1122 vX
- Xfinity Remote Reset XR2 U2 Instructions
References for JBL Flip 3 Reset
- Bluetooth Won’t Connect to JBL Flip, on discussions.apple.com
- Troubleshooting JBL Flip 3 Problems, on HubPages.com
- 2020-04-08: Added more tags.
- 2019-04-21: Added tags.
- 2018-08-18: First published.