These JBL Flip 3 reset instructions show you how to factory reset your JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth speaker to its default settings. Resetting restores this speaker to factory default state. Factory default resetting erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops the Flip 3 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the reset. Also, you might reset your speaker to get it ready for sale or regifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
JBL Flip 3 Reset Instructions
1. Turn on the JBL Flip 3
Press and hold the power button until it lights up.
Find the power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button lights up along with the battery power scale, as shown next. In our case, since we’ve paired the speaker with Bluetooth devices before this, it does not enter Bluetooth discovery mode. We know that because the Power button is glows solid gray, rather than blinking blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The Flip 3 makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. The JBL Flip is ready for use after this sound ends.
3. Press the Volume UP and Phone Buttons Together
See the next picture to find the Phone and UP Volume buttons.
The JBL Flip 3 then runs its factory reset routine, as shown in the next picture. Note that all lamps light up for a couple seconds as the hard reset takes effect. Shown next.
Then after a short pause, the JBL Flip 3 turns off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Check that your JBL Flip 3 Did Reset
Next, power on the Flip 3 again, as described in step 1 above. Press and release the Power button, as shown in the previous picture.
Now this time, after reset, our speaker comes up in Bluetooth discovery mode, as shown next. Note that the Power button blinks blue to denote this, as shown in the next picture. When the Power button blinks blue or shows as solid white, the Flip 3 is not currently paired. We expect it not to pair to anything after a reset.
The JBL Flip 3 reset is now finished. You may now pack it up for sale, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices. The speaker will no longer automatically connect with any previously paired Bluetooth device that is in range and in Bluetooth pairing more. To restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, manually pair the Flip 3 with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with automatically take place once more.
- JBL Flip 2 Reset Instructions, How to Factory Hard Reset JBL Flip 2 Bluetooth Speaker, Someday Perhaps
- Where is JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker Reset Button Located
- JBL Charge 3 Reset Instructions, How to Factory Reset the JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- Where is the JBL Flip 4 Reset Button Located
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions, How to Factory Reset the JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- Bluetooth Won’t Connect to JBL Flip, on discussions.apple.com
- Troubleshooting JBL Flip 3 Problems, on HubPages.com
- 2018-08-18: First published.