These JBL Flip 3 reset instructions show you how to reset this Bluetooth speaker to its default settings. Resetting restores the unit to factory default state. It erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops the Flip 3 from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices afterwards. Also, you might reset to get the speaker ready for sale or re gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
JBL Flip 3 Reset Instructions
1. Turn on the JBL Flip 3
Press and hold the Power button until it lights up.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button lights up along with the battery power scale, as shown next.
In our case, since we’ve paired the speaker with Bluetooth devices since the last reset, the Flip 3 does not enter Bluetooth discovery mode. We know that because the Power button glows solid gray, rather than blinks blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The Flip 3 makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. The unit is ready for use after this sound ends.
3. Press the Volume UP and Phone Buttons Together
See the next picture to find the Phone and UP Volume buttons. They are the rightmost two buttons in the row of buttons located right on the cloth grill.
The JBL Flip 3 then runs its reset routine, as shown in the next picture. Note that all lamps light up for a couple seconds as the reset takes effect. Shown next.
Then after a short pause, the speaker turns off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Check that your JBL Flip 3 Did Reset
Next, power on the Flip 3 again, as described in step 1 above. Press and release the Power button, as shown in the previous picture.
Now this time, after reset, our speaker comes up in Bluetooth discovery mode, as shown next. Note that the Power button blinks blue to denote this, as shown in the next picture. When it blinks blue or shows as solid white, the Flip 3 is not currently paired. indeed, we expect it not to pair to anything after a reset.
5. Done with JBL Flip 3 Reset !
The JBL Flip 3 reset is now finished. You may now pack it up for sale, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices. The speaker will no longer automatically connect with any previously paired Bluetooth device that is in range and in Bluetooth pairing more. To restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, manually pair the Flip 3 with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with automatically take place once more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to Reset JBL Flip 3 Speaker?
Follow the instructions above in this post to reset the Flip 3 to factory default state.
How to Start JBL Flip 3?
How to Switch on JBL Flip 3?
When the speaker is OFF, quickly press and release the power button, as shown in the next picture. This switches the Flip 3 on, and the unit powers up fully several seconds after that.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 3
- JBL Flip 3 Low Frequency Mode, How to Turn On
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 with iPhone. iPad, iPod, iOS
- Charging JBL Flip 3 Instructions for Fully Recharging
- Finding JBL Flip 3 Firmware Version
- JBL Flip 3 Charging Instructions for Longest Battery Life
Related Posts to JBL Flip 3 Reset
- JBL Charge 3 Reset Instructions to Fix Speaker Problems
- Reset Honeywell Thermostat RTH8580WF Instructions
- Honeywell RTH9580WF Thermostat Reset Instructions
- Belkin Range Extender Reset Instructions, F9K1122 vX
- Xfinity Remote Reset XR2 U2 Instructions
References for JBL Flip 3 Reset
- 2021-08-05: Updated the targeting and tags, and revised the content.
- 2020-04-08: Added more tags.
- 2019-04-21: Added tags.
- 2018-08-18: First published.