Follow these JBL Flip 4 charging instructions for longest play using the hidden USB DC input port. It’s important when charging this Bluetooth speaker, to allow the cycle to finish. This assures that you get full recharging and that the speaker plays for the longest time before needing another charge session.
JBL Flip 4 Charging Instructions: Introduction
First, select an adequate USB adapter. Why ? Because the Flip 4 does not come with this as a standard accessory, and for longest play, you want to the strongest charger. Plus, the Flip 4 needs a high power USB power source for charging fully in a fastest time possible.
Next, connect the orange micro USB cable between the Flip 4 and that charger. Next, plug the adapter into a working wall outlet.
Finally after a few to four hours, full charging of your JBL speaker completes. Then you can play it again for up to twelve hours before the battery goes dead again.
JBL Flip 4 Charging Instructions for Longest Play
1. Choose Right Size Power Adapter
In this demo, we’re using the RavPower 24 watt dual port USB charger adapter, as shown next.
2. Open the Port Cover on the JBL Flip 4
Use a penny or a dime to pry open the sealed port cover on the Flip 4. This reveals the micro USB charging port inside, as shown next.
3. Plug in the Micro USB Cord to the Flip 4
Then, plug the small end of the orange micro USB charge cord into the matching micro USB port in the speaker, as shown next.
4. Plug the Other End of the USB Cord into your USB Power Adapter
Next, connect the A end of the USB charge cable to the power adapter, as pictured next.
5. Plug the AC USB Power Adapter into a Working Wall Outlet
Now that the Flip 4 and our RavPower adapter are connected, we plug the RavPower into a functioning AC outlet, as shown next. In this demo, we’ve plugged ours into a surge protector power strip.
At least one of the battery status lamps lights up on the Flip 4 when you apply enough USB power. There are five lamps that light in succession as the speaker battery charging progresses, as shown in the next picture.
6. Let the Flip 4 Charging Run Until All Battery Power Lights Go OFF
Battery charging is done when all but the last of the battery status lights light solid. The last one continues to blink for several minutes.
This next picture shows the speaker just before completing a full charge cycle. Note that all the lamps in the battery status gauge are glowing. However, the last one continues to blink.
The battery recharge cycle finishes when all battery status gauge lights go out, as shown next.
7. Unplug the USB Charge Cable from the JBL Flip 4
8. Snap Closed the Port Door
Note that unless this flap is snapped securely and completely in place, water could enter the port area, possibly damaging the Flip 4 electronics inside. So, be sure to press the port door closed with enough force to properly seat it, for full water resistance.
We have now fully charged our JBL Flip 4 wireless Bluetooth speaker. Note that the battery charge status gauge just after turning on the Flip 4 after a full recharge. All lamps are aglow, meaning that the speaker is current fully charged.
Repeat this process every ten to twelve hours of music play through the Flip 4, to keep its battery in top condition. We charge ours when the battery status gauge lights show only one light glowing.
Related Posts to JBL Flip 4 Charging Instructions
- JBL Clip 3 Charging Instructions, Step by Step
- Charging JBL Flip 3 Instructions for Fully Recharging
- JBL Xtreme Charging Instructions, Speaker Charging Time
- Ultimate Ears Wonderboom 2 Charging Instructions
- JBL Go Bluetooth Speaker Charging Instructions
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 4 Portable Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions, How to Hard Factory Reset
- Review of the JBL Flip 4 Portable Waterproof Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Specs, Specifications for this Speaker
- Finding JBL Flip 4 Firmware Version
- How to Charge JBL Flip 4 Wireless Bluetooth Speakers
- 2019-04-06: Tweaked the targeting and fixed some typos.
- 2019-02-24: First posted.