Explains how to reset the JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth speaker to return it to default settings. Bluetooth resetting erases any earlier paired BT devices from its memory. Thus, clearing these stops the speaker from pairing to any nearby devices afterwards. Also, you might reset to get the speaker ready for sale or re gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
JBL Flip 5 Reset Bluetooth Instructions, Step by Step
1. Turn on the JBL Flip 5 Speaker
Press and hold the Power button until it lights up.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button lights up along with the battery power scale, as shown next. Here, since we’ve synced the speaker with Bluetooth devices before this, it does not enter BT discovery mode. We know that because the Power button is glows solid gray, rather than blinking blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The speaker makes a rising rock guitar strum sound when it powers up. The Flip is ready for use after this sound finishes.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together to Continue with the JBL Flip 5 Reset Bluetooth Routine
See the next picture to find the Play-Pause and UP Volume buttons.
The speaker then enters Bluetooth reset, as shown in the next picture. Note that both the Bluetooth and Power buttons light up gray white for a couple seconds. Shown next.
Then after a short pause, the speaker turns off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Check that Reset Bluetooth on the JBL Flip 5 Did Work
Next, power on the speaker again, as described in step 1 above.
Now this time, after reset, our speaker comes up in discovery mode, as shown next. Note that the Bluetooth button blinks white to denote this. This button blinking means that the Flip 5 is not currently paired. Indeed, we expect it not to link to anything after a Bluetooth reset.
5. Done with JBL Flip 5 Reset Bluetooth Instructions !
Resetting Bluetooth is now finished. You may now pack up the speaker for sale, or pair it again with your favorite BT devices. The unit will no longer automatically connect with any previously paired Bluetooth device that is in range. To restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, manually pair the Flip 5 with a tablet or phone. Then, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with automatically take place once more.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 5 Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Speaker Pairing Instructions
- How to Restart JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Update Firmware Instructions
- How to Check JBL Flip 5 Battery Life
- JBL Flip 5 Infinity Button Explained
Related Posts to JBL Flip 5 Reset Bluetooth
- How to Reset JBL Xtreme 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Reset Bluetooth Instructions
- How to Reset JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 How to Reset Bluetooth
- 2020-06-17: First published.