We cover here the JBL Go 3 hard reset instructions, to restore it to its default manufacturer settings. Plus, hard resetting erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from the speaker’s memory. Deleting these stops the speaker from auto connecting to any nearby Bluetooth devices afterwards. Also, you should hard reset to make the speaker ready or sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to link with whenever you turn it on.
JBL Go 3 Hard Reset, Step by Step Directions
1. Power on the Speaker
Press and hold the Power button until the status lamp on the right side lights up and the guitar strum sound plays.
Find the Power button, as we show in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Guitar Sound
The JBL Go 3 makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it comes to life, and is ready for use after this sound finishes. now it may or may not pair with a source, depending on whether there are any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the Go3. But whether paired or not, hard resetting works the same way, as follows.
3. Press the Volume UP and Bluetooth Buttons Together to Continue with JBL Go 3 Hard Reset
Find the Bluetooth and UP Volume buttons. The BT button is on the side right panel, second button down from the top of the speaker. Also, we find the Volume UP button on the top, near the right edge of the unit. We point out both buttons in the next picture.
The JBL Go 3 then goes into hard reset mode.
Next, within a couple seconds, the unit shuts off after hard reset concludes. Furthermore, you hear the falling guitar strum sounds, and then the status lamp goes dark, as we see next.
4. Check that JBL Go 3 Hard Reset Did Indeed Occur
Next, turn the speaker ON again, as we detail in step 1 above.
Note that after hard reset, our speaker came up in ready-to-pair mode, with the status lamp rapidly flashing.
5. Done with JBL Go 3 Hard Reset !
Hard reset is now done. So you may now gift or sell it, or pair it again with your favorite BT devices.
After hard reset, the speaker no longer automatically connects with any prior paired and nearby Bluetooth device and is in pairing mode. Thus, to restore automatic pairing, you would manually connect the Go 3 with the desired device. Then after that, any time that both this speaker, and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing would automatically take place again.
Other Posts About the JBL Go 3
- JBL Go 3 Specs and Features for this Tiny Speaker
- How to Connect JBL Go 3 to iPhone
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Go 3 Mini Speaker
- Finding JBL Go 3 Firmware Version
- How to Check JBL Go 3 Battery Life
- The Go 2 JBL Speaker, Hard Reset Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Hard Reset Instructions
- JBL Flip 3 Hard Reset Instructions
- Flip 2 Hard Reset Instructions
- JBL Clip 3 Hard Reset Instructions
References for JBL Go 3 Hard Reset Instructions
- 2021-08-11: First posted.