We cover here the JBL Go 2 hard reset instructions, to restore this BT speaker to its default factory settings and state. Plus, a hard reset erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from the speaker’s memory. Clearing these stops the unit from pairing to any nearby devices afterwards. Also, you might hard reset to make the Go 2 ready or sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with sources you no longer wish it to pair with whenever you turn it on.
JBL Go 2 Hard Reset, Step by Step Instructions
1. Turn on the Speaker
First, press and hold the Power button until the status lamp on the front top lights up and the guitar strum sound plays.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Guitar Sound
Next, the JBL Go 2 makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up, and is ready for use after this sound finishes. It may or may not pair with a device, depending on whether there are any in-range BT devices that know about the Go 2. Whether paired the reset works the same way, as follows.
3. Press the Volume UP and Bluetooth Buttons Together to Continue with JBL Go 2 Hard Reset
Then find the Bluetooth and UP Volume buttons. The BT button is on the top panel, second button in from the left edge of the speaker, and the Volume UP button is two buttons to its right. We circle both buttons in the next picture.
The JBL Go 2 then enters hard reset mode.
Next, within a second or two, the unit powers off after hard reset finishes, the falling guitar strum sounds, and after the status lamp goes dark, as shown next.
4. Check that JBL Go 2 Hard Reset Did Indeed Work
Next, power on the speaker again, as we detail in step 1.
Note that after JBL Go 2 hard reset, the speaker comes up in ready-to-pair mode, with the status lamp quickly flashing blue.
5. Done with JBL Go 2 Hard Reset !
Finally, hard reset is now done. So you may now gift or sell it, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a hard reset, the speaker no longer automatically links with any prior paired Bluetooth device that is close enough and in Bluetooth pairing mode. Thus, to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, you would manually pair the Go 2 with a desired device. Then after that, any time that both this speaker, and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing would automatically take place again.
Other Posts About the JBL Go 2
- How to Make JBL Go 2 Discoverable
- How to Put JBL Go 2 in Pairing Mode
- JBL Go 2 Charge Time, How Long for Full Charging
- JBL Go 2 Specs, Specifications
- How to Connect JBL Go 2 to iPhone
Related Posts to JBL Go 2 Hard Reset
- JBL Flip 4 Hard Reset Instructions
- Hard Reset Instructions for the JBL Flip 3 Speaker
- JBL Flip 2 Hard Reset Instructions
- JBL Clip 3 Hard Reset Instructions
- Clip 2 BT Speaker Hard Reset Instructions
References for How to JBL Go 2 Hard Reset
- 2021-08-11: First posted.