To link the Go 2 JBL speaker with a Bluetooth source device for the first time, or to reset the connection information on that device, you must know how to activate discovery mode on the speaker. You must know this because in this mode, the JBL Go 2 calls out its Bluetooth name and current linkage data on the BT airwaves. So in this post, we show you how to put this tiny JBL Go 2 speaker into pairing mode, so you can connect it to phones, tablets, computers, and smart speakers.
How to Put JBL Go 2 BT Speaker in Pairing Mode
1. Turn On the Go 2
First, turn on the speaker by pressing its Power button once.
See this button, circled in green, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on, as pictured next. Further, the pilot lamp on the front panel slow-blinks white or steady white, depending on speaker’s current pairing state.
But whether it’s currently paired or not, you ca follow the next steps to pair it anew with a Bluetooth source device.
2. Press the Pairing / Discovery Mode Button and Release when the Status Lamp Starts Quickly Flashing
Now, to be able to discover your speaker on your source Bluetooth device, place it into pairing mode. For that, press and release the the Pairing button, as circled in the next picture.
When you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes a plucking guitar pairing sound. Plus, the front panel Status lamp starts quickly blinking white.
3. Done with How to Put JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker in Pairing Mode
Next, while the Status light is blinking, you should be able to see your Go 2 JBL on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, as shown next.
Other Posts About the JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Go 2 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Light
- Go 2 JBL Reset Instructions to Fix Pairing Problems
- JBL Go 2 Charge Time, How Long for Full Charging
- Bluetooth Speaker Specifications for the JBL Go 2
- JBL Go 2 How to Charge Fully, Recharge
Related Posts to How to Put JBL Go 2 Speaker In Pairing Mode
- How to Put JBL Charge 4 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put Ultimate Ears Wonderboom in Pairing Mode
- Putting JBL Xtreme in Pairing Mode, Xtreme 1
- How to Put JBL Clip 2 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put JBL Flip 3 in Pairing Mode
References for How to Put JBL Go 2 in Pairing Mode
- 2021-08-09: Corrected wrong entries in tags list.
- 2020-08-16: First published.