The JBL Xtreme 2 power bank speaker has several buttons and lamps across its top panel including the Infinity button. So here, we explain the function of this Infinity button, what it does, and how to use it.
In summary, this switch lets you join from two to over a hundred JBL speakers together, such that they all play the same program content. Thus, you can fill a much bigger party area with sound than you can by playing just one speaker. Further, since the speakers can be as far apart as is typical for Bluetooth speakers, the area you can cover with them is large enough for most small to medium sized parties.
JBL Xtreme 2 Infinity Button Explained
Use the Infinity button to connect two or more JBL Connect+ compatible speakers like the JBL Xtreme 2 together, in “party mode”. Thus, when synced in this way, they all play the same program without any echoes or delays. Infinity mode behaves like Amazon’s multi room music groups. I.e. all speakers that join in play the same audio at the same time.
Then, with each speaker powered on, you press the Infinity button on each JBL speaker you wish to add to the Connect+ group.
The Infinity button on the JBL Xtreme 2 resembles an infinity symbol, thus its name, as shown in the next picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
How to Use the Infinity Button on the JBL Xtreme 2 Speaker
Note that you can mix and match any combination of JBL speakers in this joined group, so long as they support the Connect+ protocol. Speakers from the Flip, Charge, Xtreme, and Boombox series models will work together as described next.
- Place all speakers within a few feet of each other.
- Power up and pair the first (master) speaker to your Bluetooth source device.
- Next, power up each additional (slave) BT speaker that you wish to join with the master.
- Press and release the Infinity button on the master speaker. That button should then light up.
- Then press and release the Infinity button on each slave speaker in turn. Again, this button will illuminate on each speaker.
- Now when you play something on your Bluetooth source device, you will hear it on all connected speakers.
- Finally, you can dissolve the connection between the speakers by pressing and releasing the Infinity button on the “master” speaker.
Related Posts to JBL Xtreme 2 Infinity Button
- JBL Xtreme 1 Infinity Button Explained
- Charge 3 JBL Speaker Infinity Button Explained
- JBL Charge 4 Infinity Button Explained
- Flip 3 JBL Speaker Infinity Button Explained
- JBL Flip 4 Infinity Button Explained
Other Posts About the JBL Xtreme 2 Speaker
- JBL Xtreme 2 Volume Control Explained
- JBL Xtreme 2 Factory Reset Instructions
- How to Bass Boost JBL Xtreme 2 Speaker
- How Long Does the JBL Xtreme 2 Battery Last
- JBL Xtreme 2 Firmware Update Instructions
- 2021-07-26: First published.