Unfortunately, there’s currently no way to just reconnect to WiFi on the Harman Kardon Invoke Microsoft Cortana smart speaker. To reconnect to Wi-Fi, but to a different Wi-Fi network, you must first completely reset the this speaker to factory default state. Then, run through the setup procedure again, like setting up a brand new smart speaker.
We demonstrate these procedures as follows.
See our How to Reset the Harman Kardon Invoke Smart Speaker Back to Factory Default State post. This explains how to erase all current settings in the speaker, and restore them to factory default values. Again, a hard reset is necessary in order to program the Invoke to reconnect to Wi-Fi on a different wireless network.
And, you might check out our How to Set Up New Harman Kardon Invoke Cortana Smart Speaker post, that details how to set up a brand new or freshly reset Invoke speaker. During setup, you will be able to establish a connection to a new Wi-Fi network on your Invoke.
We hope that Microsoft will add an Update Wi-Fi Network feature to the Cortana app. This would allow changing the wireless network without having to redo all the other Invoke settings for the speaker.
- Information in this post pertains to version 2.6.4 of the iOS version of the Cortana app.
- How to Adjust Volume on Microsoft Invoke Voice Activated Speaker
- How to Install and Set Up Cortana App for Microsoft Invoke Smart Speaker
- How to Pair Harman Kardon Microsoft Invoke Cortana Speaker as a Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Reboot the Harman Kardon Invoke Cortana Smart Speaker
- How to Reboot the Microsoft Invoke Smart Speaker
- How to Reset the Harman Kardon Invoke Smart Speaker Back to Factory Default State
- 2017-03-01: Revised post title and the tags list.
- 2017-12-09: Originally published.